Riding Mower Won't Start

I just replaced the fly wheel and the starter on my lawn tractor. I was able to start it briefly and then it cut out. I put a new spark plug in it and a new battery with no luck. It still won't start. When I try to start it, the engine turns like it wants to start but it doesn't. Any suggestions? I don't know what the problem could be.

By funnyguy50 from Rockford

Answers:

Riding Mower Won't Start

My husband says there's a little slot the flywheel fits in and it needs to be put it correctly. Check the flywheel again. (05/24/2009)

By Lorelei

Riding Mower Won't Start

Did you check to see if air filter needs cleaning? Also, did you look underneath to see if twine or something is wrapped around the blades? (05/24/2009)

By lbrady

Riding Mower Won't Start

Thanks for your help but I already did those things. I just don't know why it wont start. (05/24/2009)

By funnyguy50

Riding Mower Won't Start

My daughter had a mower that wouldn't start and she found out it was the carburetor. So she bought a kit and rebuilt it herself. (05/25/2009)

By Patty Lynn

Riding Mower Won't Start

Check the fuel line and maybe a new fuel filter. (05/29/2009)

By rustycrystal

Riding Mower Won't Start

Hi. What you do is spray a shot of starting fluid into the carb and try to start. If it runs and dies you have a fuel problem, if it does not fire or start you have an electrical problem. Then you know which way to go to troubleshoot. Let us know. Hope this helps. (06/08/2009)

By jdj599

Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🎉
🎄