Riding Mower Won't Start

I have an MTD Yard Machine riding mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine model # 42A707. It will not crank at all. I have replaced the solenoid and still no crank. I think it's the starter, but I can't get the flyweel off the top of the engine. Does any body know how to remove the flywheel?

By RLPang from Bridgeport, MI

Answers:

Riding Mower Won't Start

You don't have to remove the flywheel. You should have no problem reaching only one of the two bolts. The one under the flywheel can be taken off with an open end wrench, once loosened all the way shimmy the starter out. (08/10/2009)

By Bill 1968

Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🎄