Riding Mower Won't Start Without Gas In Carb

My riding lawn mower needs gas poured directly into the carburetor for it to start. Once it fires up, it runs fine, but even after I let it run for a few minutes I have to take off the air filter and do it all over again. Suggestions?

By Evan from Dighton, MA

Answers:

My husband says: 1. Clogged fuel line or 2. carburetor needs cleaning (needle valve) or 3. fuel pump needs replaced. (12/25/2009)

By Lorelei

I have tried all of these, the gas line is clear , I have replaced fuel pump twice, I checked fuel pump it is pumping gas when engine is turning over. it starts and runs fine once i dump gas in the carb but if I shut it off I have to do it all over again. I check electric shut off selinoid and its working fine. seems all the answers on here still dont solve the problem.

Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM on 10.0.0.252 in 941 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.