Roach Problem

This is kind of embarrassing, but we have a roach problem. Is there a quick solution to get rid of them? We spray and get them under control, but we are disabled and by the time we get around to moving out the fridge and stove they have got a hold again.

I know that there are people that have these just like we do, but it is still an embarrassing subject. We are not dirty people, we just can't get rid of them. I have been reading about diatomaceous earth, will this get rid of them? We also have 4 small furbabies in the house. Thank you in advance for your time and kindness and your input. Take care. God bless you and your loved ones.

By ckjb

I bought the "Roach Motels" at The Dollar General store ,it has to be the kind to prevent eggs . They are cheap and they do work. I put them in corners of every room, in cabinets and under appliances. Good Luck!

I have used powdered Boric Acid that I bought at Walmart, but I have seen it at many stores. It will work. Sprinkle it around baseboards and doorways and behind and under appliances. Good Luck!

I had some of the creatures last summer and tried various home remedies and things that you could buy in stores, and nothing worked, until I told the manager of our apartment complex and he had "pest control" come. That person set out tent shaped sticky things and then he had what looked like a large syringe that had some kind of stuff in it that he shot along the base of the cabinets,etc. I am 71 years old and partially disabled so am unable to pull out the stove and refrigerator to clean in back and under them. I also can't afford to hire somebody to do it. Nobody ever told me it would be so painful to get old. lol

I too use the black flat roach 'hotels' made I believe by maxx. I change them every 3-4 months. I put a sticker with date on them when I change them, so my age and condition won't let me forget when the next time to change is. My homeworker helps with this cause I too am handicapped.

If your hardware store has a product called roach proof, buy it. Ive been using it for years and only have to use it maybe once or twice a year. It even gets the big tree roaches which we have a problem with in texas. This really works.

You don't have to be "dirty people" for the roach bugs to move in with you!

They can be carried into your house from the grocery store. They can hide in sacks of potatoes, canned soft drinks and other items.

Purchase any dry roach powder that has boric acid in it.It is found just about everywhere, Walmart, the hardware store, and the like. The powder can be put behind appliances, near the baseboards under the stove or 'fridge, under your kitchen sink, under the bathroom wash basin, places where they like to hide.

Boric acid is not good for your animals though, it is considered poisonous. That's why you put the powder behind, or under or inside cabinets. That way your little fur-babies cant reach it. But the roach-bugs can.

Roaches nest IN the walls. I got infested. Tried everything, including the professionals. Then I spent less then $4.00 on a can of Grant's ant and spider bait (from Walmart). I took off the light switch covers and electric switch covers in my kitchen and bathrooms and I put the stuff into the walls. I played around to find a way to get it in there, found a folded piece of paper worked best with a pencil to push it in. My roach problem was gone in 48 hours.

Raid Fumigators work for me. I use them twice a year like clock work wheather or not I see any (usually don't) and I live in South Texas.

You are not dirty people, but roaches are attracted to paper, crumbs on the counter, dirty dishes, and trash. You didn't say how often you clean, so please don't think I am trying to be insulting. Some of this stuff is not so obvious. To get rid of the roaches and stay rid of them, you have to be scrupulous. Take your trash out, vaccuum, sweep, and/or mop at least every other day. Don't leave any soda cans and things of the sort sitting around your house. Wash your dishes the moment you are done eating off of them. Also, get rid of any newspapers, old magazines, etc. that you are no longer using, as roaches eat paper. If you have recycle bins, you might want to keep those in a garage or other area not attached to your house. Be cautious about applying pesticides in your home.

I manage a mobile home park, and from time to time we run into this problem. We get the gel. It works.

I live in extreme South Georgia,and we got invaded by them when we moved into a home under Live Oak trees. we moved and didn't want to take them with us,so I read everything I could get my hands on,then came up with a drastic solution. Since roaches cannot live without water, we put everything we owned into a metal storage building place that was built on concrete and left it there for a little over a month. It worked.I bought the gel tube for the car, since they had gotten in there, too,and although it was expensive, it worked great.

I am disabled, too, so I know what you mean, but I have found the one trick is keeping food and water away from them. Take the dog's bowls up at night,and empty the water, leave the grate off the front of the fridge for easy access to the drain tray and keep it empty and dry,and unplug any microwaves, TV's, anything of that sort where current provides warm that night. Trim any overhanging tree limbs,clean out flowerbeds right up against the house, anything that could hold moisture.

I lived once where there was only sand around the perimeter of the house, and never saw a roach the whole time. If you cannot afford a storage building, and you have a good size yard,you can put everything out in the sun for a week or two in the summer, dishes, spices, clothes on hangers, everything! I did that once and spread the contents of my kitchen cabinets on a trampoline.

I may live where roaches abound, but I will not live with them! I know these are drastic steps, but your health is at stake!

We have never had a roach problem until about 6 months ago. It turned out that we had a small leak under the kitchen sink (that we didn't know about). It kept a small area just damp, and the roaches loved the dampness. They unfortunately didn't stay there, but invaded our kitchen. I'd read that once you see roaches, you are have a serious problem of infestation that had to be met head-on. Well, once we found the leak and fixed the problem, the roaches left. We didn't have to do anything else, but allow everything to dry out. We've not seen one since. We didn't have to use anything. Hope your problem is as simple.

Pet-Friendly Solution for Roaches
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsMay 26, 2011
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Plumber fixing a leaky faucet.
Fixing Leaky Faucets
Roach Trap
Making a Homemade Roach Trap
Dog in Grass
Insect Repellents Safe for Use Around Pets
🎉
🎄