Roach Spray

My mom taught me this very effective tip for roaches: fill a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol and keep handy. They die immediately upon contact.

By Robin S.

Answers:

Roach Spray

I've never heard of this one, but I certainly will give it a try. (07/21/2005)

By JoJo

Roach Spray

Would love to hear how this works for you also Jojo. This would be lovely to use. I don't have roaches at this time, but good to file away in the back of my mind (07/22/2005)

By FFL

Roach Spray

Actually, rubbing alcohol will kill any insect or spider on contact. Because these animal take in oxygen through their carapaces (shells), spraying them with alcohol suffocates them. So it is great for ants, wasps, spiders, fleas, etc. The only thing worth noting, though, is that it only works on bugs if it is sprayed directly on them-- that is, it will not prevent them from entering, nor will it kill any others than the ones you directly spray. So rubbing alcohol is good for immediate insect elimination, but not for long term control. (07/22/2005)

By Karen

Roach Spray

I've kept alcohol in a spray bottle for at least 40 years, (not the same alcohol of course) for cleaning and wound care, as well as for my pierced ears. Thanks for this great hint. This summer is quite buggy.

I Love the sprayers from 409 bottles and fetch them from recycling whenever I see them. They have a Long Needle spray and a Fan spray too.

I will be spritzing the nasties aplenty now. Hmm, maybe I need to put alcohol on my shopping list. Thanks so much!

I use the needle spray quite effectively on water bottles to discourage my pets from misdeeds and got plenty of them out of trees when I still let them outside.
(08/01/2005)

By Linne Dodds

Dawn for Roaches

To kill roaches on contact without using any harmful chemicals, mix 1 part Dawn dishwashing soap to 2 parts water in a spray bottle. Just spray on roach and they die in seconds! I tried this and it really works!

(08/19/2005)

By Jojo

Roach Spray

The best kind of control I have found is Bengal roach spray. Not only does it kill them, but leaves a barrier for up to 6 months, plus offers a money back guarantee! This stuff really works, it is the only brand I use. (11/07/2007)

By becky

Roach Spray

Orange Oil kills them very quickly and smells good (01/17/2008)

By Eric

Rubbing Alcohol As Roach Spray
Roach Trap
Making a Homemade Roach Trap
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄