Roasting Chestnuts

What recipe do you use to 'roast' chestnuts? I want another alternative to the 'open fire' (there's a song that refers to roasting chestnuts on an open fire) method. :-)

MrsJean from USA

Answers:

Roasting Chestnuts

I just bake them in the oven. Make an X on the flat side, put them on a baking sheet and cook 350° for about 15-20 minutes. I stir them around once in a while to be sure they cook evenly. When they are done, just shell them at the X. The shells will be HOT. (10/14/2005)

By eve w

Roasting Chestnuts

I take a sharp knife and slice into each chestnut. Then put them in a fry pan and turn on the stove, stirring frequently. Simple. (10/16/2005)

By Terry Lynn

Roasting Chestnuts

There are those "homeovens" like a pot with a hole in the middle, and a lid (you mnay use it inside the oven,lidless, to make an easy-cutcake), and we roast chestnuts, peabuts,mand dried broad beans in that. Alternatively,one of those grill-type electric ovens.
Remember to slash a cross-cut at the top so the chestnuts won't explode with the pressure build-up.
Tanja (10/18/2005)

By zxcvbnm

Roasting Chestnuts

You can also do them in the microwave... Just cut a slit and lay them on a paper towel put in for about 2-3 minutes be careful they do blow up (Hint: if they do blow up it usually means there is a worm inside, make sure you look). My nana did this for us every year... (10/22/2005)

By DEBORAH LYNN

Roasted Chestnuts
making a turkey breast
Cooking a Perfect Turkey Breast
water chestnuts
Recipes Using Water Chestnuts
Water Chestnuts
Freezing Water Chestnuts
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
🎉
🎄