Roasting a Chicken in a Slow Cooker

Roasting a Chicken in a Slow Cooker
Although it will not brown as it does in the oven, you can roast a chicken in your slow cooker. This is a guide about roasting a chicken in a slow cooker.

How do I roast a chicken in the slow cooker?

By Bronny from Tasmania

Answer Was this helpful? 2

You can do this a couple of different ways. Make sure to use the 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Make 4 balls of foil and put in the bottom of the slow cooker, season your chicken as desired and place on top of the foil balls. Set for high for 4 hours. The other thing you can do is wrap potatoes in foil and put them in the bottom first, then most of dinner is done, just add a veggie. Keep in mind that you will not have crispy skin with this method, but the chicken is tender and juicy. Make sure to check for done-ness at 4 hours, you may need 5 hours.

I use this as a base all the time: http://crockpot … kpot-recipe.html

I vary it as I want with onions, garlic, etc. but a 5 lb chicken fits perfectly in my 4 quart Crock Pot and there's no need to put aluminum foil on the bottom.

It's a solid chicken for other recipes like enchiladas, bean & salsa soup with chicken, alone with a side of veggies...comes out moist and tender every time. I don't take the skin off like the author does though, too much work for something you can get rid of when you are cleaning it off the bones.