Rockery Plant With White Flowers

I am a member to the website - all the way from the UK! I think it's great - nothing like this at home! I am looking for a rockery plant that reminds me of my family garden when a child. It was low growing, had tiny white flowers mid spring onwards - very prolific - and grey, almost furry leaves. I remember my (now sadly departed) parents saying it was a good ground cover as spread so fast. I have never seen it in garden centres in the UK - anyone have any ideas? Thanks Louise in Essex, UK

Louise from Essexx, United Kingdom

Rockery Plant With White Flowers

I think what you're looking for is "Sweet Alyssum", "Candytuft", or the white variety of "Phlox". These are condsidered very old-fashioned in America and it's hard to find plants. You have to start from seeds. (04/03/2008)

By perfumed fan

Rockery Plant With White Flowers

Mmmm, have you considered rockcress or snow in summer? Check out this web page for some links to ground covers. (04/03/2008)

By Susan

Rockery Plant With White Flowers

Try looking for "rare and old plants" on Google. I think she's right about Alyssum, but I would think you could find the plants somewhere. Good luck and God bless you. (04/04/2008)

Rockery Plant With White Flowers

I don't think it's alyssum because they don't have grey furry leaves. I don't know if lamb's ear gets flowers, but they definitely have the grey furry leaves and spread as a ground cover. (04/04/2008)

By Lynn Beth

Rockery Plant With White Flowers

The plant you are looking for is called white rock, we also had it at the family garden. I am trying to find some my self. That is how I came across this page. (04/05/2008)

By alan

Rockery Plant With White Flowers

You might be talking about lambs ear. They describe what you are talking about. (04/12/2008)

Rockery Plant With White Flowers

It seems you're talking about a plant called lambs ear. It is grey, soft, and velvety and spreads fast. (04/12/2008)

Rockery Plant With White Flowers
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers