Rooting Plant Cuttings

I have tried several times to root a plant from a cutting. I have heard lots of different ways to do it, but so far none, and I mean none have worked. I am good with store bought plants, but would like to learn to root some. Any advice would be helpful, as I am told by the girl next door, now is the time of the year.

Thank you in advance,

Rooting Plant Cuttings

All those leftover clear glass vases from the florist, here's a great idea for rooting a plant cutting. You'll need 2 vases, both should be same height and you'll need one small bud vase and one larger vase.

First, carefully insert the bud vase into the larger vase. Then fill up the spaces between the two with colorful marbles, rocks, buttons, whatever you have on hand. The water, of course, is then filled into the bud vase where you place your cutting. If you place this in a window where it catches the light you'll have a pretty root starter (and good use of those empty vases).

By Pam (08/23/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Rooting Plant Cuttings

I have been rooting plants very successfully with a powder called "rooting hormone". I have found it at WalMart and some nurserys. There is also a great website It has tons of advice! (08/24/2005)

By Cookie

Rooting Plant Cuttings
A weeping cherry tree.
Rooting Fruit Tree Cuttings
Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
spider plant in flask
Rooting Plants in Water
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings