Rose's Favorite Homemade Cleaner

This is my favorite home made cleaner is way cheaper and more powerful than any store bought I've tried (including the very expensive ones.)

I use it on everything EXCEPT WOOD AND PAINTED SURFACES. It is powerful enough to strip paint right off the wall. So, don't do it.

In a spray bottle mix:

1 pint of basic rubbing alcohol
1-2 Tbsp of your favorite dish liquid
2 Tbsp of plain ammonia

The best part of this recipe, is that it does not smell like ammonia and the dish liquid (I prefer Dawn Aromatherapy, any fragrance) mixed with the alcohol, has a clean floral scent that you know is disinfecting and germ killing.

By Rose from Maspeth, NY

Rose's Favorite Homemade Cleaner

I'll have to try this one .. I like that it doesn't smell like ammonia, which I try to avoid using because I have 2 small children.

Thanks for sharing!
Rebekah (02/21/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

Rose's Favorite Homemade Cleaner

Sounds like a great cleaner. Thank you for taking the time to post this info. (02/22/2006)

By cookwie

Rose's Favorite Homemade Cleaner

I have tried so many homemade cleaners and haven't really liked any, but this one I love. I use the green alcohol and it smells so fresh, even my husband doesn't mind it (he hated the one with vinegar). It cleans just as good as store-bought cleaners. I use an average sized spray bottle and any space that is remaining I fill with water so it's not so strong; I can use it on wood and it won't hurt it. (01/08/2008)

By jdrinkwater

Best Homemade Cleaner
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed