Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

I had a bag of frozen fish fillets melt a little on the way home in our minivan. A small amount of water the fillets were in soaked into the carpet on the floor and the whole van reeks like fish. What can I use to remove (or at least neutralize) the odor?

Jeremy from IA

Answers:

Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

Try something called Fresh-Wave. It comes in a variety of ways, spray, crystals, or gel. Google it and find out where to buy in your area. Many ACE hardwarestores or True Value have it. Works great. (09/28/2008)

By WIsgal

Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

After a week of unbearable fish odor left from forgetting to remove fish from the back seat, I sprayed the entire interior of the automobile with full strength white vinegar with a spray bottle. Almost immediately I noticed the difference. The car smelled like vinegar for 2 days then no more fish smell, works great. (09/28/2009)

By ajsolismd

Removing Rotten Seafood Odors From a  Car
Removing Rotten Seafood Odors From a Car
A photo of a car.
Removing Rotten Food Odors From a Car
Storing Oranges, Canning Oranges, A bunch of bright round oranges.
Storing Oranges
Bowl of seafood gumbo.
Seafood Gumbo Recipes
Seafood Casserole
Seafood Casserole Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 1:07:30 AM on 10.0.2.79 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.