Rubber Stains on Carpet

I have a 7 foot long pair of awful looking rubber streaks left on my carpet after having moved a piece of furniture that had rubber feet. The carpet is a tight, low pile loop of blended colors, basically blue and gray. I desperately need help in finding a way to remove this from my carpet. Thank You!

Jocelyne from Norway, Michigan

Rubber Stains on Carpet

I had rubber stains on a tablecloth from the rubber feet of a small appliance. I tried Stainstick, Shout, and laundry detergent to pre-treat it. Nothing worked. I read the advice to use rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. I tried it and it immediately worked. I used about 3 cotton balls on each small stain, using a new one as the old one turned gray. Thanks to everyone for the much needed help. No elbow grease needed for this.

By Lynn

Rubber Stains on Carpet

The WD40 method was excellent, worked like a charm. Try using on pen marks on wallpaper this also works (07/29/2007)

By Chris

Rubber Stains on Carpet

WD 40 did the trick! I placed old electronic equipment on a white tabe. Took the black (little feet) marks right off! (10/21/2007)

By Al

Rubber Stains on Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet