Rubbing Alcohol for Carpet Stains

Straight rubbing alcohol will remove any stain from your carpet. It does not discolor the carpet and will remove poo, pee, pink sticky stuff, absolutely anything. And the best part is that it does not leave a soapy residue in the fibers. Any spot remover you buy will have soap in it and soap does not evaporate. It just stays in the carpet and collects dirt which will make the spot reappear.

The alcohol evaporates! Simply put a dry white wash cloth over the top of the bottle, getting the cloth wet with the rubbing alcohol and rub on the spot. For a larger, deeper stain, you can carefully pour the rubbing alcohol straight from the bottle onto the carpet and rub the carpet with a dry white wash cloth. It's amazing and it's the cheapest stain remover you will ever find.

By Jrshari from Marysville, WA

Answers:

Rubbing Alcohol for Carpet Stains

I just used this tip! There were spots on the beige living room rug- dull black spots from who-knows-what? grease? old spill?). It was behind my couch where I had some stuff stored. This is a rental and I'm hoping to move out in a month or so. I didn't want carpet cleaning deducted out of my security deposit nor me to ruin the carpet maybe by spraying Resolve/chemicals on it! These stains were at least 2-3 years old though! I was worried!!

All the spots just disappeared instantly! Doing the happy dance here! LOL

Yes, using any soapy shampoo or cleaning product on your carpet does leave soap residue which only attracts more dirt and stains, and the old stains do come back usually! Thank you for posting this super-duper tip! Hugs and blessings from PA to you!
(06/20/2009)

By Reen1960

Rubbing Alcohol for Carpet Stains

Excellent idea. I'll try it next time. I usually use soda water, it works well too. I was eating an ice cream bar and the chocolate melted and dripped on the carpet. I didn't have any soda water at the time. It was about 2 weeks before I got to the store to get some. It worked like a champ too. I used it the same way you recommended with the alcohol. I'll try the alcohol the next time. I have plenty of that on hand. Thank you. (06/20/2009)

By chef4u

Rubbing Alcohol for Carpet Stains

Great tip.

I wonder if adding some alcohol to your rinse water on a carpet cleaner machine would remove the soap residue? (07/07/2009)

By italianswede

Spraying Carpet Stain
Cleaning Carpet Stains
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
A bottle of rubbing alcohol.
Fixing Rubbing Alcohol Stains on Wood
🎄