Rust Spots on a Refrigerator

My white refrigerator is rusting. It is coated with a textured plastic, something to make it not show finger prints and it is rusting through this coating. I tried to spray paint it with the new Rustoleoum product and now that is flaking off. The holidays are approaching and I do not have it in my budget to replace this until after. Is there anything that I can do to make it temporarily presentable, as I will be doing a lot of entertaining over the season?

Cyndi

Answers:

Rust Spots on a Refrigerator

Magnet sheets come in a size like a sheet of paper. Find them at a hobby store, or maybe a hardware store, where they are sold to cover unused furnace vents. Either use it plain (they're usually white) or decorate it with markers, paint, etc., or use smaller magnets to hold pictures or other paper items on it. The large sheet will disguise the bad spots better than smaller items with individual magnets would. (11/06/2008)

By shishi

Rust Spots on a Refrigerator

Stick a sheet of Fablon on it. Covers a multitude of sins! (11/07/2008)

By jehosophat jones

Rust Spots on a Refrigerator

I have same type of coating on my refrigerator, designed to not let fingerprints, etc. show. Thought mine was rust. One day I spent lots of time cleaning it. Now I think was dirty water drying on and pooling up in the the crinkly spaces, so now I wash with diluted bleach water/soap, and rinse with clear water and dry immediately. Just went to look at it and it's not bad. Good luck. Hope it works. (11/09/2008)

By minymont