Rust Stains on Clothing

How can you get rust stain out of colored clothes?

Amy from Pleasant Garden, NC

Rust Stains on Clothing

Soak the stain in lemon juice and rub gently until the stain disappears. You may have to rub for a minute or more. It may take up to 30 seconds before you start to see the stain disappear but then all of a sudden, it's gone!

I removed a large rust stain from my carpet this way. I used a spoon to sort of scrape at the spot and afterwards I used ordinary salt to soak up the remaining juice and then I just vacuumed. Stain gone!

(PS) If the clothes are coloured, do a test somewhere inconspicuous first! The lemon juice may fade the colours...

By feemayl

Rust Stains on Clothing
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 1:22:55 PM on in 938 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.