Safe Flea Treatment for Cat with Kittens

My cat is a little over a year and she just had her first litter yesterday June 6, 2010. I knew that she had fleas before she delivered, but was told that I couldn't give her anything topical until she had delivered the kittens and stopped breast feeding.

This morning I noticed that the kittens now all have fleas on them. I have heard of all the risks and am very confused and concerned about what to do to get rid of them. Please someone give me some helpful advice. I am very worried.

Thank you.

By Jana from Charlotte, NC

Bath the kittens in some mild dishwashing liquid. Stay away from antibacterial or orange dish soaps. Dawn or the original Palmolive will both work. (06/11/2010)

By pinkmellie59

kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds, Concerned Boy With Bloody Nose
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds