Safety Pin to Mark Front When Sewing Clothing

When I am sewing for my granddaughter I always put a small safety pin on the front garment piece when I remove the pattern pieces. This is a big help on those days when I have to stop and come back to it. Little kid garments look pretty much the same front and back, so this helps me to get her sun dresses assembled properly without a lot of stress.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

Answers:

Yes, I have done this too, it is so difficult to remember. If I am using several different pattern pieces for the same dress (YES baptismal dress was 3 different patterns to get the look I wanted) I slip the pieces (esp. if small) into zip close bags with a note or even the pattern piece used. (04/24/2009)

By T and T Grandma

Thanks for that tip! I too have made that mistake, and that is an easy fix. Thanks again! (04/28/2010)

By hoptownracer1

Use Safety Pin to Mark Front When Sewing
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety
Closeup of Sewing Buttons On Clothing
Sewing Buttons On Clothing
🎉
🎄