Sand Paper as Nail File

Sometimes I forget to bring along a nail file or emery board when we weekend on our boat. I have found that if I get a little bit of sandpaper and wrap it around something like a toothpick, it will provide enough of an edge for me to file down the ragged edge of one of my nails.

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

Yes it will, but it can also give you blood poisoning if you scrape your flesh with it. Sand paper is treated with chemicals and glue and steel that is not made for filing nails. Please, use products as they are intended. Put nail files anywhere you think you might need one and save the sand paper for sanding.