Save Change Throughout The Year

I have found an easy way to save money for Christmas. I never give the exact change when buying something. I put all of the loose change I have received for that day in a money jar. It really adds up fast. I also keep a jar beside my washing machine to collect all the change that accumulates there.

By Janette from Parkersburg, WV

Answers:

Save Change Throughout The Year

We have been collecting change for awhile, and have just cashed it in when the jar got full. Now there is a reason for keeping the change around until this time next year. Already have 10.00 in the jar! (12/12/2008)

By papajan

Save Change Throughout The Year

For 1 year, I only paid with bills. I took the change home and separated the pennies from the silver (and still saving the pennies. Well when I cashed all the silver in, it was $600! Almost a mortgage payment. (02/07/2009)

By Thomas

Save Change Throughout The Year

For years I tried to collect change like that but would forever be digging into it for something I just "couldn't live without". I finally found a way around that. I bought a really nice (jar? jug? vase?) that is made out of plaster or something opaque. Anyway, I put this vase way up high on top of my DVD shelves (about 7 feet high). Since I'm only 5 foot 4 inches, I have to get a chair to get to it.

During the week, I collect change in containers all over the house and car. Then at the end of the week, I collect all the change together and drop it in the vase. After that it's "out of sight, out of mind". I have been able to collect a lot more money this way over time! (05/11/2009)

By Cricketnc

RE: Save Change Throughout The Year