Save Change Throughout The Year

I have found an easy way to save money for Christmas. I never give the exact change when buying something. I put all of the loose change I have received for that day in a money jar. It really adds up fast. I also keep a jar beside my washing machine to collect all the change that accumulates there.

By Janette from Parkersburg, WV

Save Change Throughout The Year

We have been collecting change for awhile, and have just cashed it in when the jar got full. Now there is a reason for keeping the change around until this time next year. Already have 10.00 in the jar! (12/12/2008)

By papajan

Save Change Throughout The Year

For 1 year, I only paid with bills. I took the change home and separated the pennies from the silver (and still saving the pennies. Well when I cashed all the silver in, it was $600! Almost a mortgage payment. (02/07/2009)

By Thomas

Save Change Throughout The Year

For years I tried to collect change like that but would forever be digging into it for something I just "couldn't live without". I finally found a way around that. I bought a really nice (jar? jug? vase?) that is made out of plaster or something opaque. Anyway, I put this vase way up high on top of my DVD shelves (about 7 feet high). Since I'm only 5 foot 4 inches, I have to get a chair to get to it.

During the week, I collect change in containers all over the house and car. Then at the end of the week, I collect all the change together and drop it in the vase. After that it's "out of sight, out of mind". I have been able to collect a lot more money this way over time! (05/11/2009)

By Cricketnc

RE: Save Change Throughout The Year

Seasonal Shopping
Seasonal Shopping Tips
Blackberry Jam Recipes, Jar of blackberry jam on a plate with fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Jam Recipes
Photo of cherries hanging on a cherry tree.
Growing Cherries (Cherry Trees)
Frozen cherries.
Freezing Cherries