Save Egg Shells in Cartons for Planting Next Spring

When using eggs in my cooking, I try to break the shells near one end. The smaller piece of broken shell goes into the compost bowl, the larger part of the shell I put back into the empty egg carton and save for spring when I fill the shells with soil and start my seedlings in them. They are lightweight and easy to move around. When the plants have developed roots and are ready to transplant into the ground you just lift them shell and all and plant them in the garden. The egg shell will fertilize and nourish the plant. It will be off to a good start!

By Deborah from Terre Hill, PA

Answers:

We also take the egg shells, peelings, that sort of thing, toss them into the blender with a little water and feed our garden all summer. roses in particular love the egg shells and bloom more profusely and longer. (11/18/2009)

By willowfahy

White cracked open egg shell
Uses for Egg Shells
Spring floral wall bucket using artificial flowers.
Homemade Spring Decorations
Seedlings in a egg carton.
Uses for Egg Cartons
Egg Carton Pumpkin
Crafts Using Egg Cartons
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths
🎉
🎄