LeftoversFood Tips

Save Lids for Leftovers

Over the years, I found I had more casserole lids than I had casserole dishes. I found an excellent use for them besides filling in for the odd pot lid. The smaller lids work great for covering a bowl or a plate of food when microwaving. I especially like it for microwaving my leftover oatmeal. Comes out like it is freshly made, same with rice or potatoes.

The lids are often available at the thrift shops for cheap so it's easy to get the right cereal bowl size. I love mine.

Great idea. I use mine for burner covers. The handles/knobs don't allow me to set a pot or pan on the burner and accidentally turning on the burner. I have ruined three now so my tip would totally work with these.

Also, the glass ones are excellent for making basted eggs as you can see inside!

I like this. I don't have any extra lids but I can see that it would work well. I don't like putting things in the microwave without covering them. I usually use a saucer to cover the bowls but I can't see through them.

If I see any lids like this at a thrift shop, I will grab a couple. A thrift shop would be a good place to take extra glass lids that are in the way.