Save Money By Joining a Coupon Train

I'm a single mom on a tight budget. I'm always looking for ways to save money and I think I've found a great one! It's called the coupon train. It's a group of people from all around who trade their unused, current coupons with other people.

The train starts with the "conductor". The conductor starts the train with an envelope full of coupons they do not need or want. The conductor sends the coupons to the next rider. The rider picks out the coupons they would like and refills the envelope with coupons they have that they do not use. Each rider is asked to go through and throw out expired coupons to ensure CURRENT coupons. I'm more than willing to clip coupons for diapers, though I have an 8 year old daughter, knowing a single mom could use them. Why throw out all those coupons in your Sunday paper knowing other people can use them?

I have yet to receive my first set of coupons, but I'm so excited. I think the name of the next rider is enclosed so you know who to ship it to next. If you choose to take, say 30 coupons, it's your responsibility to add 30 new ones. This keeps the train with current good coupons. It only costs 1 stamp to send it on.

Every train has different polices, so go online and punch in coupon train to any search engine. Tons of sites will come up! I chose a train that is in my area to ensure faster turn around time to get the coupons faster. No one wants to get a one dollar off coupon for deodorant only to discover it had expired 2 days earlier. Coupons will get to me faster here in Missouri if they come, say, from Arkansas compared to Florida.

So, take a few extra minutes, grab those scissors and start snipping.

By Jaci from MO

How to Join Coupon Train
Consumer Advice CouponsJune 6, 2011
Coupons
Joining a Coupon Train
woman web browsing
Finding the Best Coupon Websites
A woman kissing her boyfriend and giving him an envelope with homemade coupons in it.
Homemade Coupon Book Gift Ideas
National Guard Woman
Joining the National Guard
🎉
🎄