Saving Money on Amazon Purchases

Amazon Purchase Being Delivered
With warehouse deals and prime accounts there are ways to increase your Amazon buying power. This is a guide about saving money on Amazon purchases.

When you're doing some online shopping on Amazon, this tip can help you find the biggest savings on whatever you're searching for. In this example, I'm looking for paint brushes. When the search results come up, go to the url and add the argument "&pct-off=90-99" (without the quotes) to the end and hit enter. This will bring up the most discounted items in your search. (I marked the url change and discount shown in red.) If you change the argument at the end of the url to "&pct-off=50-99" it will find you items discounted from 50 to 99 percent. Adjust accordingly. :)

To save money on Amazon.com. Be sure to check out Amazon's warehouse, warehousedeals.com. It is full of refurbished and open-box items featured at lower prices. All Warehouse purchases are covered by Amazon's standard 30-day return policy.

I recently learned how to get free shipping on everything I order. Prime is a pretty good deal, but it's better when you can get it for free. Amazon offers two programs that let you do just that. If you have a .edu email address, Amazon Student gives you a free year of Prime. If you do not qualify, try "Amazon Mom." You don't have to be a mom, or even a parent, to qualify. You'll get three months of Prime for free, 30% off on diapers, and you earn an additional month free for every $25 you spend on qualifying items (up to a year). While most of the qualifying items are kid-related, not all are. Look for the "Amazon Mom" banner on the product page. I've found it on an assortment of furniture, electronics, and household items.

If all else fails, I order the items that have free shipping with a $25.00 order or more. This is standard shipping, so it does take awhile to receive. I love Amazon.com, and think you will too.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

I was reading a product review on Amazon.com and the person said that the warranty for an item was 3 years, but upon receiving the electric pan, the warranty mentioned only 3 months.

Yet one more thing to be aware of (sigh)!

Do you shop online using Amazon? To make money off of their customers, they sell items they have in stock for less than retail value, with the promise of free shipping if you purchase an Amazon Prime membership (or if you spend $35.00 or more).

My advice: don't pay for Amazon Prime if you only plan on using it for the occasional free two-day shipping benefits. Other businesses using the site to list their products will often sell you the same items for less than the prices advertized by Amazon. Depending on the seller, you can also get free or reduced shipping on your order.