Saving Money on Baking Parchment Paper

I am very thrifty. To make my parchment paper last longer, I bake with it at least twice before throwing it away. I use it when baking cookies and bread. I just flip it over and reuse it for the next batch. Works like a charm and saves money too!

By Painterlee from Indialantic, FL

I didn't know this.Thank you so much for sharing this tip. : )

Thanks, Painterlee! I never thought to do this before! :-)

Hi Painterlee. If you're only using your parchment paper once or twice, you're still not getting the most out of it. I often reuse the same sheet of parchment at least 6-8 times when baking cookies. It has never seemed to matter at all, and I only "brush" it off between batches if a bit of dough gets stuck onto the paper. It brushes right off and I don't even bother turning it over. It's one of the best and most economical products on the market today IMO Probably a little healthier too since you don't have to spray or grease the pans, and you don't even need to wash the pans when you're done.

Baking ingredients on a wood bread board.
Baking Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingMay 5, 2011
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Fanning Colorful Paper
Saving Money on Paper