Saving Money on Greeting Cards

Tips for saving money on greeting cards. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Making Cards

Have artsy kids? Save money on cards by having your kids make them!(05/26/2005)

By Joanne A.

Inexpensive Father's and Mother's Day Cards

Buy a plastic box about the size of a small shoe box. After Mother's Day, Father's day or any holidays, buy a bunch of cards sometimes the are even 90 percent off. Store them in the box till next year. You will save money and always be prepared.(05/26/2005)

By Jessica

Saving Money on Greeting Cards

I buy greeting cards at the dollar store. These cards can be 'dressed up' with glitter, charms, ribbon, or any other scrapbooking embellishments you might have on hand. Be creative! Also, if you make your own cards and need envelopes - check with the employee who stocks the greeting cards. If you ask ahead of time, the employee may be able to save some envelopes for you that are left over after a holiday! (06/06/2005)

By Lee

Going Out of Business Sales

Be sure to shop stores that you know are going out of business. You can get items greatly reduced. This is usually when I pick up most of my all occasion greeting cards. This way, I don't have to pay full price for them. I also buy them at church bazaars (I bought a package of 10 cards and matching envelopes for .25 a pack!) Needless to say, I didn't just buy 1 package, I got several! I just can't stand paying nearly $3.00 a card in drug or grocery stores.(06/20/2005)

By Terri

Saving Money on Greeting Cards

When my husband and I first were married, money was really tight. We had money for necessities but no extras. So on special occasions like birthdays, we would go to the store together and pick out each other a card. We would then go on another isle and "exchange cards." I would read the one he picked for me and he would read the one I picked for him and then we would put them back. It may sound corny to some but I thought it was kinda romantic and sweet. (08/19/2005)

By Tracy

Saving Money on Greeting Cards

So many good ideas. I also make cards on the computer. I enjoy being able to personalize them with the recipient and giver's names. I figure I spend .11 per card/envelope when I do on the computer. (01/18/2006)

By Debbie52

Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards
🎉
🎄