Saving Money on Wedding Centerpieces

When planning a wedding there are many ways you can reduce the costs. This guide is about saving money on wedding centerpieces.

August 31, 2009 Flag

I had an outdoor wedding in June and made these pretty centerpieces. I bought the watering cans at Big Lots and bouquets of flowers at Costco. A good friend arranged the flowers in the cans, using florist clay in the bottom, and filling them half full of water. They really made the reception tables beautiful at our garden wedding.

By Kathy from Indianapolis, IN

Beautiful! I love your idea.

What an adorable idea and they look great on the pink tablecloths :-)

Simple and beautiful. What a great idea. Zig

Thanks! And, I forgot to mention, after the wedding reception I gave all of my "helpers" a can to take home. One went to each of my best girlfriends, one to my daughter-in-law, one to the caterer, and one to my new mother in law!

January 15, 2009 Flag

You can slash your flower and cake budget with this cool tip. Have your baker make an 8 or 9 inch birthday type cake for each one of your tables. Display them on rented or borrowed cake stands. Wind the base with ivy or other greens, and scatter real or silk rose petals about the table.

May 27, 2011 Flag

For my daughter's wedding centerpieces, we bought Mason jars, plastic flowers, ribbon, and floating candles. She hot glued the purple ribbon on the jars (her colors) and put the plastic flower in the bottom.

November 9, 2000 Flag

I am getting married in May and was wondering if there were any ideas on cheap, but nice looking centerpieces?

Kathy

I recently purchased some gorgeous candle lanterns from Ikea for only $5 a piece. They had a variety of colours to choose from to match with your wedding decor. It looks very elegant and is something that your guests are sure to enjoy.

for our wedding we are going to do a beach theme b/c we have a huge collection of sea shells. For the center peices, We are going to get plastic trays that have a about 2 inch lip on them, fill them with sand, place few different size candle through out it also with shells setting in the sand. As favors we are going to fill organza bags (cheap on ebay) and fill them with shell and put our names on the tags w/ the date.

Im getting married in Nov and having the wedding in Newport Beach, CA. My colors are brown and sand. Wanted to get some unique ideas on centerpieces. I wanted more classy and accents hints of the beach, not tacky beach. I like the rustic look too, maybe keeping the colors/flowers antique cream, white and greenery.

Any ideas?

My colors for my upcoming wedding in September are Ivory and Chocolate with peach roses. So - I would like some feedback on my centerpiece idea. Its not too original, but I think it should be pretty.

In the middle of our Ivory table cloth I will put a chocolate napkin (square so it looks like a diamond on the round table) and than i will have a mirror centerpiece, ontop of that I will have a clear bowl filled with water, there will be three Ivory rose floating candles and than I was going to accent the centerpieces with silk rose petals - some will be chocolate and other centerpieces will have peach rose petals floating in there with the candles.

... I hope silk petals float - does anyone know?

I'm getting married in September and here's how we're doing our centerpieces; We are using tealight candles and putting them in painted baby food jars. Then wrapping copper wire around the jar in order to tie twine (or yarn, string whatever you want) around the jar and hang it from small branches. All of this will be in a small hurricane glass filled with sand to hold up the branches. Maybe hang around 3 jars at each centerpiece. My theme is fall and it goes great with an autumn themed wedding. I've tried it and it looks really great. It sounds complicated but it is so easy and very inexpensive.

candles at dollar stores after christmas will be marked half price or less.... I bought a huge box of beautiful white candles for my reception last January. The white is fitting.. Not all of them have to be exact, but I sure came close

I also bought lots of ribbon at the same dollar store. Try fabric stores too. You can get Holiday ribbon that can be used all year round. I was able to find some really pretty silver glittery sheer ribbon for about .25 a spool... Great for an evening wedding any time of year.

The major expense for this will be glass to put the candles on as to not have wax on the rented tables at my reception. Again, dollar store.. that way if they come up missing, no big deal!!!

Buy drink glasses from Wal-Mart of all different sizes and fill them with water. Put floating candles into them. For a special effect put a mirror underneath. Great value and very elegant!

I have an idea that I think is going to work for a centerpiece. My husband to be is obsessed with home theater/movies/popcorn, etc. So, I thought about filling wine glasses with popcorn, placing a thick black candle in each glass, and surrounding it with (instead of red rose balls) red popcorn balls on flutes. also, a wreath of cranberry and popcorn (stranded) around the bottom. what do you think?

March 26, 2008 Flag

My husband and I did our own wedding, we are fifty-somethings on a budget, and figured we had enough life experience to pull it off.

Weddings DecorationsSeptember 11, 2012
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
🎉
🎄