Saving Money on Wedding Invitations

Category Invitations
The cost of a wedding can be overwhelming, but there are ways to reduce the overall expenditure. This is a guide about saving money on wedding invitations.

I am currently planning our thrifty wedding for 2018. Since we are having a small wedding with less than 60 people, I would need no more than 30 invitations. Given that I do not need many invitations, you would think the cost would be more affordable to get the invitations custom made? But actually, the less amount of cards you need, it is more expensive. Plus, you need to factor in the cost of response cards. I browsed a couple of websites and estimated it would cost anywhere from $150 to $300 for custom made invitations! That is very steep just for invitations and even though it is pretty, how many people will actually keep my invitation for many years?

I decided to go to my local craft store (Michael's) and they actually sell invitation kits you can purchase and print yourself! The kit I picked up is originally $45 and it was on clearance for $15 which is a steal! There were lots of other styles on clearance as well! If you do not catch these kits on clearance in your area or on sale, there are always store coupons available to lower your cost! Inside the box, you have everything you need to create your own custom made invitations from home. On the back of the box - there is a free website where you can reference for the template to print on the cards.

What the kit comes with:

- 30 Invitations
- 30 Invitation Jackets
- 30 Precut Pieces of Twine
- 30 Response Cards
- 30 Response Card Envelopes
- 1 Extra of each printable item included for trial printing!

This comes out to be .50 cents per complete invite card which is an amazing deal considering I bought this on sale. If not at $45 - it would come out to $1.50 which is not too bad either. However usually you'll find 40, 50, or 60% off store coupon to lower your cost! The quality of the cards aren't too bad and very cute!

Congratulations! I did the same for my Thrifty wedding. I think my entire wedding was under $800 and incredibly awesome. ;) These are beautiful. Have fun!!!!

Don't bother buying printed invitations, when you can do just as well at home on your computer! You can get plain colored paper or special invitation packages at the large office supply stores. Use a calligraphic font to make them special! Also, use free Evites for "save the date" messages, preliminary invites to family and friends.

I want to make my own wedding invitations for free. Does anyone have any advice?

I don't know about "free" -but here are some pointers for "really inexpensive"

Go to a paper store - not office supply but one that supplies paper to printers and stuff. They usually have a "castoff" bin that has cut paper they cannot use and you can get usually for free. This is a good place to start...

Buy heavy card stock in a solid color that looks nice with the castoff paper, and print your invitations on a computer on that paper. You can do them any size, but if you do them small, you can get 2 to a sheet.

Buy a box of invitation envelopes - the little ones - at the office supply store. They are not very expensive, and can be used for your thank you notes also.

Then use the fun paper from the castoff bin and perhaps some odds and ends from around the house and do a collage/decoration on the front of the card. You can rubber stamp it, stencil it, watercolor it, print it with something else from your printer, etc... etc...

Look in those expensive wedding invitation catalogs for ideas on wording and layout.

Hope this helps - good luck!

You can go to. http://www.weddingstar.ca for free downloadable templates or just browse the web typing in free downloadable wedding templates. Hope this helps

Cheers

wilton has kit's for making wedding invitation's

there not very expensive you can down load tempplate's to do them with,

i just did my granddaughters they are beautiful

If you plan on buying a boxed set of "do it yourself" invites. Make sure you check prices at stores like Target and Walmart to the craft stores. I bought a box from Target and it was $10 cheaper than the craft store. And it was the same extact item.

I recently found free wedding invitations on http://www.wedd  ation-ideas.com. There were a few good designs to print and then some ideas with instructions. Nice though and free!!