Saving Money on a Newspaper Subscription

Category Frugal Living
Newspapers often have promotional deals to encourage new subscribers. This can be a great way to save money on your newspaper subscription. This is a guide about receiving local paper online.

We share the newspaper. I have a friend who subscribes and I have her save her newspapers for me to read. I see her at church twice a week and she gives me a stack each time. I still get the news and coupons and we are both being green!

By Sherri from Rome, GA

You two should share on paying for the newspaper, one year she pays for it the next year you pay for it.To me that would be fair.

To save yourself some money and also save some trees. Check online to see if you can receive your local newspaper online. We don't pay for a subscription to the local paper, which saves us over $100.00 per year, plus we don't have the hassle of throwing away nor having to recycle a newspaper either. If we want to save something from the paper, we can just print it out, or choose to purchase only that one issue. Although I find that plenty of people who do receive the daily paper will gladly give you their issues free after they are finished reading it. The easiest way to find your local paper online is to type the name of the paper, city and state in the search bar.

By Tonya from Martinsville, OH

Check out www.newsdirectory.com It lists newspapers sites by state. Also newspapers in other countries.

Do you still receive home newspaper delivery?

Best Answer

Yes, I get a daily newspaper delivered. It's wonderul, especially when the snow starts piling up or it's raining cats and dogs. It's always right in front of my door and I don't have to go and look for it

sewingmama

Best Answer

We receive Sunday papers in the middle of the night and go through the coupons marking the ones I want. Then if we want more papers we can get more for the good coupons. We also get a 7 day a week local paper, that has less coupons.

I wish we had home newspaper delivery. It would be nice not to have to drive to the store everyday; which my husband does. There isn't any home delivery in our small town.

Not only do I not get the paper delieved I seriously wish they would STOP CALLING MY HOUSE!

I get calls from area newspapers at least twice a week and no matter how many times I tell them NO they call back.

I've asked to be taken off the calling lists and I've talked to supervisors telling them NO and NEVER yet still the phone does not stop ringing *sigh* It's even worse then those looneys down in florida & up in canada that want me to get satalite TV *boggles* but I can't tell them to stop calling cuz they hang up too fast.

Though, ummm...I plan to start calling the newspaper back on a daily basis just to thank them for calling. I reckon they got 5 or 6 numbers I can annoy - just as they annoy me.

*shrug* Sorry fer the rant...

Q

We don't take our local paper because they don't offer Sunday Only delivery.