Saving a Water Logged Cell Phone

If you ever drop your cell phone in water, do not turn it on. You may be able to save it if you immediately remove the battery and the SIM card. Place all the pieces in a bowl of dry rice for 48 to 72 hours. The rice will absorb the moisture and the phone may work like new.

By Elaine from Iowa

Answers:

Saving Water Logged Cell Phone

Wonder if that would work for a phone dropped in a 5 gallon bucket of grape juice. My husband did that little trick and we just got a new one. Probably wouldn't be the same. (03/05/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Saving a Water Logged Cell Phone

We did this after my hubby's blackberry got wet. I saw the idea in a women's magazines a couple of days before, so we thought it was worth a try. He tried to power it up it up after 48 hours and it briefly worked, but died again. We put it back it the rice for a couple more days and voila, it works like a charm. Great idea as it saved a bundle of money. (03/07/2009)

By bachish

Saving a Water Logged Cell Phone

My son just took his battery off, and then put the phone and battery in the vent of his PS3, which blows warm air. Anything like that would work, of course. The next day he had to charge it up twice, but it worked fine after that.

Another kid I know has actually run his phone through the wash cycle more than once, and has been able to use it again. I don't know if he ran it though the dryer or not! LOL (03/09/2009)

By louel53

Saving a Water Logged Cell Phone

They weren't portable, but there was nothing like the old Bell system phones with the mechanical dials. After one got well drowned in a grimy basement flood, I opened it up, flushed the body and the handset out with a garden hose, and dried the pieces in a warm oven. Worked like a champ for another decade. (03/19/2009)

By Red Neck

Saving a Water Logged Cell Phone
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
striped knit sock like phone pouch
Making a Cell Phone Holder
Cell Phone Batteries
Saving Money on Cell Phone Batteries
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
🎉
🎄