Scars on My Legs

I have long thick scars on my legs. What can I use to remove them?

Scars on My Legs

A dermatologist should be able to help you out. If money is an issue, many doctors are willing to let you make payments if you pre-arrange it. When you call the doctor's office, the receptionist should be able to tell you if the doctor will work with you on payments. (04/12/2009)

By Anonymous

Scars on My Legs

If you have discoloration's and not thick scars (that are "totally" healed) you can get the skin cells to "turn-over" faster by exfoliating and new skin will eventually take it's place. I use a scrub of plain sugar and scrub with my hands or a cloth. Do this no more than once or twice a week.

If you have thick scars, the only thing you can do is wait until they turn from purple to pink, to silver and this can sometimes take several years, but sometimes you can speed up the process with products that have "Peptides" in them. Products like Stri-Vectin-SD or one of the Stri-Vectin-SD knock-offs which cost much less, about $30 for a large tube and less if you can find them on sale. (In the USA look at drug stores like Walgreen's)

The peptides really help scars by helping the skin's cells turn over quicker. The one I use is called "DermaVectin", but they come in other names as well. Just look for a name that sounds like it. They are now advertised for wrinkles, but they used to be advertised for stretch-marks and there's really nothing quite like them. You don't need to put the expensive cream everywhere, just on the scars or stretch marks only. If you use any of these products, STAY OUT OF THE SUN.

Here's the URL for StriVectin-SD:,
but it cost $135 and you can find a $30 knock-off at some drug stores with the same ingredients, so don't waste your money on the "real" thing, buy the less expensive brand.

You can also Google "Peptide Creams".

Here's one for $40 version called Q-Vectin:

Here's how they work: (I am a satisfied customer of peptide creams).<?a> (04/12/2009)

By Cyinda

Scars on My Legs

I have a huge skin graft scar from my left hip to my left knee, wraps all the way around. I lost 80% of the muscle in my thigh and broke the two bones in my calf. I was crushed between a truck and a car as a teenager. I used to hide my scar completely and I was very self conscious of it. As I age, it matters less and less. I stopped worrying about it years ago, probably around age 30. I think beauty comes from within, and I use my scar to teach children to look before crossing the street. They are so sweet, some adults just stare at it, but little ones always ask me. I get a season pass to my local water park in the summer and I wear my bathing suit 7 days a week.

The first ER surgeon to evaluate me that night wanted to just take my leg off, and I thank God every day for the younger sassy one that wanted to try to save it. It was a long road back and I'm just very fortunate that I still have two legs. The scar is a non-issue. I hope that someday yours will be too.

By Sandy from Pittsburgh

Scars on My Legs
A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
dining room chairs
Finding Caps for Chair Legs
Running to Make Your Legs Look Better
Making Your Legs Look Better