Scorch Mark From an Iron

My iron accidentally tipped over when I wasn't looking and scorched a brand new cotton shirt. I tried Oxi-Clean and peroxide, and it didn't get the scorch mark out. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Andrea from New York

Answers:

Scorch Mark From an Iron

This is from the Hodgson Mill website
http://www.hodgsonmill.com/

Removing scorches can be made easier by wetting the scorched area and covering with Corn Starch. Brush excess off when dry. (01/24/2007)

By Greg1796

Scorch Mark From an Iron

Try saturating a white cloth with hydrogen peroxide and placing the cloth on top of the scorch spot, then iron on top of the wet cloth with a hot iron. Let us know if this works. (01/27/2007)

By Sharon

Scorch Mark From an Iron

Sharon- I scorched my favorite white cotton blouse. Used your suggestion of the peroxide and white cloth, and it worked beautifully. Thank you. (06/04/2007)

By Laura

Scorch Mark From an Iron

The thermostat on my iron malfunctioned today and left a scorched imprint of the iron on my brand new cotton continental quilt cover. I immediately soaked the stain in cold running water and then searched for something I thought would work. I had a bottle of baby bottle sterilizing fluid (Sold under brand name of Milton in the UK or most supermarkets have their own version). I put a plate under the stain to act as a reservoir and gently brushed the fluid onto the scorch mark with a pastry brush.

The stain began to fade within seconds and was gone within a couple of minutes but did not affect the striped pattern. I then rinsed well and popped the cover back in the washing machine. The sterilizing fluid contains 5% sodium hypochlorite and is also brilliant for cleaning kitchen sinks and removing tea and wine stains from kitchen worktops. But beware - any splashes will leave bleach spots on your clothing. (06/23/2007)

By Pat - in UK

Scorch Mark From an Iron
A burn mark from a clothes iron.
Removing Iron Burn Marks on Clothing
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 14, 2017 at 2:06:35 AM on 10.0.0.174 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.