Scrambled Eggs Tips and Tricks

Category Eggs
A pan of scrambled eggs.
Although a rather simple to make dish there are ways to improve the preparation of scrambled eggs. This is a guide about scrambled eggs tips and tricks.

Here's an interesting way to serve scrambled eggs. Cut up left over hot dogs into bite size pieces, saute in butter with onions, and add two scrambled eggs for each hot dog used. Add salt and pepper to taste.

By mamacrafter from TN

I was puzzled recently to find that my scrambled eggs kept sticking and burning - I really thought that I had lost my knack. It was only today, when the saucepan that I normally use was already in use for another task, that I used a pan with a much thicker base, and found that the eggs cooked beautifully, and the pan was really easy to clean afterwards. Since neither pan was non-stick, it must have been more even heat distribution from the thicker base that made the difference.

Sometimes I have to eat on the fly and this really helps. If I know I am going to cook my breakfast at someone else's house, I often grab a few eggs and drop them in a jar, cracked open.

Then, to save dishes, I simply shake them till they are mixed better than in a bowl with a whisk. This also means they won't get broken in transit or when I get there. If I want a scramble for a sandwich, omelet or some french toast, it's the perfect solution.

For a change, try adding turmeric to scrambled eggs. I never buy my spices or herbs from the supermarket as the price you pay goes mainly to the packing. Try to find a nature store that you can buy as little or as much as you like. The product will be fresher and also very inexpensive compared to the supermarket price.

By joesgirl

This is a guide about making scrambled eggs in the microwave. Scrambled eggs are a quick meal, making them in the microwave is quicker and there is less clean up.

Making scrambled eggs in the mircowave.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains scrambled eggs recipes. Scrambled eggs are a good choice for any meal.

Scrambled eggs.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about cooking scrambled eggs for a large group. Scrambled eggs are an easy dish to make for a large gathering.

Cooking eggs for a large group.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Tired of wasting good eggs to the edges of your frying pan and having a real mess to clean up? Let's face it, scrambled eggs seem to leave a film around the outer edge every time you cook them and I won't go into the detail of having them swim around in the dish water. Well here is how I dealt with the problem and the clean up is a snap.

Instead of using a spatula, that doesn't take the eggs off the sides of the pan, I use a rubber bowl scraper. If your heat isn't super high, this will solve all your problems. You can buy usually 3 bowl scrapers in a pack for about a dollar almost anywhere.

I have found this technique doesn't hurt the scraper and you will have two added benefits. One is that you use all the egg because the scraper is shaped to follow the edges of the pan. Secondly your cleanup is a snap.

So next time you scramble eggs try this little technique and find out how very simple and easy it is.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

Comment Like this photo? 7
Top Comment

I use an iron frying pan for scrambling eggs. I whip the eggs with a fork in a bowl and then use the fork to scramble them in the frying pan but I do use the rubber scrapper to get them out of the pan. You are correct that it gets all the eggs out of the pan and there's no waste.

Reply Like this photo? Yes