Scrapbook Photo Plaques

This scrapbook photo plaque is a wonderful idea for all occasions. This weekend my god-daughter and I made these for her mother for Mother's Day. Children of all ages can make a scrapbook photo plaque. You'll need to cut the wood for your children or purchase a pre-cut piece of wood. Be creative and have fun.

Total Time: 1 to 2 hours

Yield: 1

1. Using your computer and printer select 6 to 8 digital photos. Print the photos out on your printer using photo paper.
  2. Cut your ¾ inch piece of plywood into any design you desire. I just started cutting the wood to make my design.
  3. Lay down old newspaper on the table and use an old rag to apply the shoe polish to the wood. Once you have applied a small amount of shoe polish use a second rag to rub it into the wood. Shoe polish stains the wood and dries quickly.
  4. Apply the shoe polish to the edges of the wood.
  5. Ad
  6. Cut out your photos. I used a template to draw the designs on the back of the photo paper. Turn the photo paper on its back and hold it to the light. You can now place the template on the paper. Draw around the template using a pencil or pen. Cut out the photos using a sharp pair of scissors.
  7. Place the photos on your plaque. Arrange the photos how you want. Once the photos are arranged apply a small amount of glue to the back of each photo to hold them in place.
  8. Ad
  9. Decorate your photo plaque using embellishments and stickers. You can use sea shells, pieces of wood, rocks, or scraps of material. Be creative and have fun.