Scratch Resistant Coating Peeling Off Lenses

I've just read almost every article on this site for repairing scratches on eyeglasses, and can't find one problem that sounds like mine. I'm hoping someone has an answer.

I have plastic lenses, and I don't remember what type of coating or covering was put on them. Knowing me, I went for the full gambit!

The problem is, only the left lens is peeling all around the edge of the lens, and of course in a complete circle. I have a few small circular spots peeling on the bottom and middle of the left lens too, which makes it difficult to see. The right lens is perfectly fine. Keep in mind I've only cleaned them under running water and nothing else.

Is this the coating or something else coming off or wearing thin? I can't feel anything raised on the lens itself, and therefore can't tell whether it is peeling on the inside or outside. It seems to be built into the lens itself.

Will the Armour Etch work to correct it and remove whatever this is from my left lens, or should I try the Lemon Pledge, or ?. I'm not in the best place right now to afford a new pair of glasses, and would love to know if one of these will work for mine. Thank you for any help you can provide!

By Pam JRS from Prescott, AZ

FYI: What you wash your lenses with, I've found, is not nearly as important as what you wipe them with. I was scratching and ruining my coating whenever I used Kleenexs or anything other than microfiber towels which I bought in abundance and wash regularly. Now I don't have the problem. Good luck. (07/24/2010)

By yoder178

Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Woman Wearing Eyeglasses
Making Eyeglasses Scratch Resistant
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon