Seal Plastic Bags with Water Bottle Top

Cut up a disposable water bottle and keep the neck and top, as in photo.

Insert the plastic bag through the neck and screw the top to seal. The bag is made to be air-tight, such that water will not leak, the secret lies with the top and screw cap!

By Ann from Loup City, NE

What a great idea! I used straws but this is easier. Thanks!

I agree it's a great idea. I might add that it approaches being a fantastic idea. Thank you so much! Many brands of plastic bags are really hard, or impossible, to seal. And, I toss a water bottle in the trash every day. It held the water for my one cup of coffee each morning.

Great idea. Also, please recycle those plastic bottles. There is a great demand for this type of plastic. When recycled, it is used to make many things.

Great Idea!

December 29, 2011 Flag

Cut about 2 inches below a plastic bottle with cap. Put left over food in plastic bag to store in refrigerator. Pull the plastic up the neck of the bottle and close cap to keep it air tight. Keeps food extra fresh. Can also be used the same way for storing blankets, sweaters, art supplies etc.

By Macie4 from Walnut Creek, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't get this? Have a picture?

I think she is saying use the top 2" of the bottle as a funnel that you can make the bags airtight with. It's like it draws out the air and then you seal the bags. For the bigger ones, like you can get at the Dollar Tree or even just garbage bags, you can draw the air out then seal it better.

Was I close Macie 4?

I read this over several times and figured it out. It is exactly as she says. Recycle the bottom part of the bottle, it is not needed. Fill your plastic storage bag with food. No need to zip it. Bunch it at the top and push up through the neck of your plastic bottle. Fold down over the top of your bottle.

Now, grab our cap and twist closed over the plastic for a very tight capping. Is this correct macie 4? I'm just re-restating. I'd heard this method before, but have never tried it. Yet.

Great idea.

huh?

I'm confused? =0/

I had to do some thinking but the light bulb finally came on. Pictures on this one would be nice but I finally got it. Neat trick.

Sounds like it would take up too much room in the freezer if I'm understanding this correctly.

Definitely need a photo on this one.

I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one who is confused. Those that get it. Can you send a picture for us confused ones?

Seal Plastic Bag to Make Airtight
Food and Recipes StorageJune 2, 2011
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
nail polish bottles
Keeping Bottle Tops From Sticking
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 17, 2017 at 3:32:46 PM on 10.0.2.166 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.