Selling Antique Furniture

I would like to know how to go about selling 65 year old living room, dining room, and bedroom furniture. It is in excellent, like new condition. It is my mother's furniture, she will be going into a nursing home very soon. I don't want to get ripped off. Thank you.

By Elyag from Rochester, NY

Answers:

Selling Antique Furniture

I see lots of antiques on Craig's List but that seems like a good way to get robbed to me. You could put them in a consignment shop and they could deal with the hassle. (05/08/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Selling Antique Furniture

I would start by looking all over the furniture to see if there are any labels or makers names. If there are, do a search to see if that will help you find out. If not, then just search on ebay for something as close to what you already have, and see how much they are charging for it. That will give you a little idea. I know that there are many reputable dealers and appraisers, but everyone hears about someone saying, "this is worth this much, let me buy it from you", then selling it for a lot more. And sometimes too, our cherished family furniture is not worth as much in money as it is in sentiment. (05/09/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

A nice looking antique chair.
Selling Antique Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Antique Chair
Repairing Antique Upholstered Furniture
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
Antique Table
Finding the Value for Your Antique Furniture
🎄