Selling Collectible Dolls

I'm interested in selling my porcelain dolls. I have tried E bay and didn't get any bids due to, too many being sold there. Most of the dolls I have, my dad bought from either the Danbury Mint or the Franklin Mint. I really need to sell them. If anyone has any ideas on how to sell them please let me know.

Julie from Lakeland, Florida

Answers:

Selling Collectible Dolls

Have you tried www.craigslist.com? You might want to take a look at what's there first. There's no charge for advertising on there. (11/13/2008)

By Marylin D.

Selling Collectible Dolls

Julie , I don't think you will get nearly what your Dad paid for the dolls. Too many people bought to "invest" in the future. That is not now, future is for your granddaughters or even great grands. If the the Dolls and their boxes are in MINT condition they "might" be worth something in 50 -100 years.The same goes for collector plates and anything else. They sold too many to be valuable now. ( I know, we bought Red Skelton's plates. )

They say to collect what you love and enjoy, because you will never get what you paid for the stuff. A case in point, a cousin was so proud she bought a small decorator plate on E-Bay for one penny and paid $6.00 for the S and H . If you do put the dolls up for sale, be sure you have them appraised first so you know what they are worth. Buyers want to find a bargain on E-Bay and sellers want to make money. Good Luck to everyone. GG Vi (11/14/2008)

By Great Granny Vi

Selling Collectible Dolls

You may also check with your local auctions. You can always place a minimum bid on really valuable items and sell some as a group to be more appealing to shoppers. People who collect old items often go to auctions.
Check: auctionzip.com (11/21/2008)

By guest

Selling Collectible Dolls

I notice you live in Florida. I use to belong to the "Florida Collectors Doll Guild," there. Contact them they will help you get in contact with others who are both buying and selling. (12/13/2008)

By BC>

Selling Collectible Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Doll
Finding the Value of Seymour Mann Dolls
Collectible Dolls
Selling Collectible Dolls
Barbie Doll
Selling Collectible Barbies
🎉
🎄