Selling Extra Craft Supplies

I am 64 and have accumulated a lot of supplies for sewing and crafting that I now am needing to downsize. Partly because I am no longer able to do some of the activities, and partly because of lack of space. Everything is in excellent condition, but I do not want to donate it to the local thrift store. My question is this; do any of you have any suggestions on how to downsize? Perhaps even ways of selling some of my things. What would you suggest for ways of advertising? I have tried selling them at my garage sales to no avail. I am really frustrated!

Judy from Birmingham, Alabama

Answers:

Selling Extra Craft Supplies

We inherited my mother's whole stock of craft supplies. We donated them to the local Girl Scouts. They were very grateful and there was a tax deduction, too! Try a local children's program in your area. You would be surprised how valuable those items will be to them. (11/02/2006)

By pamphyila

Selling Extra Craft Supplies

Do you have local crafters guilds, organizations, associations or do you know anyone who teaches: embroidery, crochet, or other craft relevant to the supplies you have? Do they have newsletters where you might place a small advertisement? Ask guild members and teachers to refer people to you?

Good luck!

Cheers, Rose Anne (11/02/2006)

By wordswork

Selling Extra Craft Supplies

I'm 63 and in the same boat as you are. E-Bay is the answer. I've had a ball selling my stuff. Do a search for similar items and see what they go for, you'll be very surprised. Sewing videos that I would be lucky to get $.50 for at a yard sale sold for between $5.00 and $10.00, plus S&H. It's very addictive and so much fun. (11/02/2006)

By Memere

Selling Extra Craft Supplies

You can also have someone help you list all of what you want to sell on a 'cheapcycle'. It's like 'freecycle' in your area but you can put a dollar amount on it. I have bought/traded ect. on these lists. But please do be careful and maybe meet the person somewhere instead of at your home. (11/02/2006)

By Michele

Selling Extra Craft Supplies

Thanks ladies for all your great ideas. Keep coming with more ideas if you can. Judy (11/02/2006)

By bjptl

Selling Extra Craft Supplies

How about a post on Craigs List, or an ad in a Pennysaver -type publication. Some of these little magazines let you post a low-cost item for sale in a free ad. (11/02/2006)

By

Selling Extra Craft Supplies

I am a member of an MSN crafting group. We have over 1000 members and surely someone on there would love to buy some of what you have to sell!

When you complete the request to join form, just tell them GrammySheila sent you!

God Bless!
Sheila (11/03/2006)

By GrammySheila

Selling Extra Craft Supplies
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
Collectible Dolls
Selling Collectible Dolls
🎄
🍂