Selling Handmade Crochet Items

Deciding to sell your handmade crochet items is only the first step towards successfully marketing your handicrafts. This is a guide about selling handmade crochet items.

Handmade Crochet Bag
Filter Sort

Question: Selling Handmade Crochet Items

By Linda 1

I saw somebody posted a question as to where they could sell their handmade crocheted items, but never saw an answer. So I'm asking again. I missed all the holiday craft fairs, but would like to know what venues are available to sell my handmade items. I did check out esty, but I have too many different items to post.

By Linda from Chicago IL area

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Phyllis Albertson G. 1 Flag

I've done the craft sale thing. They want you to charge rumage sale prices for things that can take up to 30 hours to make. That would be less than one cent an hour for all the hard work. I think they're only thinking about how much the materials cost, not the time it takes to make something. Plus they would come look over my things and go make them and at the next sale, you'd find your inventions/items made by them for less than you charge. Beat you out with your own things.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Pricing Crochet Rugs To Sell

By Lisa 1 1

Does anyone make money selling crochet rugs? Is it worth all the work? I know people who sell other handmade items and they never get paid for the actual time they spend making things. I saw a thread that said to charge by the inch or the square foot. Is that how you price yours? Or do you calculate the cost of materials and the time it takes to make them?

By Lisa from OH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

fb566310618 Flag

My mom charges the cost of yarn and the time it takes by 2.5. so 4 hours would be 10 dollars plus the cost of yarn. It also depends on the person too. so it would be less like time by 2. She enjoys crocheting so she doesn't charge high arm an leg prices.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Crocheted Items Online

By Marie 1

I would like to know who has successfully sold their crocheted items online and what site they used. I know there are many sites to sell on. I am trying to find out where the buyers go. Who has had great sales and what site do they use?

By Marie from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By froglee 1 Flag

Try Made it Myself.com or IOffer.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Name for Handmade Crochet Owls

I make crochet owls from home and would like a catchy name for them. Any ideas?

By Carol

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By jean leiner 15 411 Flag

Hootlets

Wise Guy Owls

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Crochet Crafts Online

I love to crochet and would love to sell some of what I have done. As I am in Malaysia, what would be the best option for me to sell online and how about postal charges? Thank you!

By Hema

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Thea C. 1 Flag

I would try storenvy.com. you can choose which countries you want to sell to, but you have to figure out the shipping. Here in the USA, we can go online to USPS.COM and figure out the price with weight, size and how fast you want it to arrive. Hope that can help! I have my store on there (tsqualitycrochet.storenvy.com) and I only had a few sales online, most of my sells I make in person, in Facebook groups.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Crochet Items

By Cheryl C. 1

I need to know if there are any consignment shops in New Bern, NC. I want to consign crocheted baby blankets and adult blankets.

By Cheryl

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Crafts Selling CraftsJuly 16, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
pink and white bag rug
Selling Recycled Bag Rugs
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:32:51 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings