Selling Handmade Crochet Items

Deciding to sell your handmade crochet items is only the first step towards successfully marketing your handicrafts. This is a guide about selling handmade crochet items.

Handmade Crochet Bag
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I live in Sri Lanka and I crochet doilies, table runners, etc. Any idea how I could sell my stuff?
Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The larger your item, the more time and materials it will take you to make. This is often too much for people to afford. In America we often feel that "fast nickles are better than slow quarters". This means that making smaller things takes you less time and costs you less, so you can charge less and sell more. I would find 10 items you can make in less than a day. Stick to those and open an Etsy store or Facebook store. Good luck!!

PS: Remember that good quality photos are key.

I make crochet owls from home and would like a catchy name for them. Any ideas?

By Carol

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hootlets

Wise Guy Owls

I saw somebody posted a question as to where they could sell their handmade crocheted items, but never saw an answer. So I'm asking again. I missed all the holiday craft fairs, but would like to know what venues are available to sell my handmade items. I did check out esty, but I have too many different items to post.

By Linda from Chicago IL area

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've done the craft sale thing. They want you to charge rumage sale prices for things that can take up to 30 hours to make. That would be less than one cent an hour for all the hard work. I think they're only thinking about how much the materials cost, not the time it takes to make something. Plus they would come look over my things and go make them and at the next sale, you'd find your inventions/items made by them for less than you charge. Beat you out with your own things.

Read More Answers...

I love to crochet and would love to sell some of what I have done. As I am in Malaysia, what would be the best option for me to sell online and how about postal charges? Thank you!

By Hema

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would try storenvy.com. you can choose which countries you want to sell to, but you have to figure out the shipping. Here in the USA, we can go online to USPS.COM and figure out the price with weight, size and how fast you want it to arrive. Hope that can help! I have my store on there (tsqualitycrochet.storenvy.com) and I only had a few sales online, most of my sells I make in person, in Facebook groups.

Does anyone make money selling crochet rugs? Is it worth all the work? I know people who sell other handmade items and they never get paid for the actual time they spend making things. I saw a thread that said to charge by the inch or the square foot. Is that how you price yours? Or do you calculate the cost of materials and the time it takes to make them?

By Lisa from OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My mom charges the cost of yarn and the time it takes by 2.5. so 4 hours would be 10 dollars plus the cost of yarn. It also depends on the person too. so it would be less like time by 2. She enjoys crocheting so she doesn't charge high arm an leg prices.

Read More Answers...

I would like to know who has successfully sold their crocheted items online and what site they used. I know there are many sites to sell on. I am trying to find out where the buyers go. Who has had great sales and what site do they use?

By Marie from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try Made it Myself.com or IOffer.com

Read More Answers...
    Crafts Selling CraftsJuly 16, 2013
    Online Shopping
    Selling Crafts Online
    eBay Logo
    Selling On eBay
    A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
    Finding Time to Crochet
    Various promotional items.
    Removing Logos from Promotional Items
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 9:04:35 PM on 10.0.2.6 in 435 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.