Selling Lighted Glass Blocks

I have recently started making lighted glass blocks. Does anyone know how to make the bows? Also my husband signed me up to sell these at a local holiday craft show, as he thinks they're worth sharing. How much do I charge and do I add sales tax?

I would definitely agree with no less than $25, depending on how elaborate you make them! If they are flashy enough to get attention, then that's what will sell them for the higher price. I wrote an ebook on this subject, and I sold a ton of these a couple of Christmases ago. I had one special adornment that sold like hotcakes..... :-)

I made the luminaries last year for just friends and they all loved them and wanted me to make more of them for this year so they could buy them from me and give to family members who had saw theirs and loved them. The plain blocks are $6.00 ea.

The problem is the hole is about l0 minutes steady to drill with an expensive drill bit $12.00. You will use more than 1 drill bit for a set of 10 blocks. Put a piece of masking tape on where you want to drill the hole. (keeps drill from slipping) Make sure the hole is big enough to be able to put the lights in without torturing your fingers and thumbs. (I learned the hard way first)

You may cut off the female end of electric light cord (cover end with electric tape) Lights of course will still work when you plug male end in socket!! It takes two people to drill. One to drill and the other to mist water on the drill bit which gets very hot.(causes steam) Do NOT store glass blocks in COLD GARAGE. Because when you go to drill them, the heat from the drill bit and the cold glass will shatter the block. Remember you get a case of 10 blocks for $60.00 but you will lose some to breakage without a doubt. I am selling this year in sets of 2 decorated for Christmas to just friends who want them for others. NOT for the public. TOO much hassle!!!

I gave a wedding gift and a set of lights at a wedding and the guests were coming to see if I would make them a set.

I couldn't handle the work. I have to say they were beautiful. To make a long story short I'm selling for $60.00 a pair. This year Pittsburgh Corning has a new Decor Block out. Same block but hole is already there.

An insert is also enclosed in the box to put in the hole. All kinds of uses for the block are also on the box. They are PRICEY Micheal's is $25.00ea. JoAnn's is $23.00, so you must go with a coupon but that only gives you one.

You can phone a glass company to see if they will drill the holes for you but it's approx $10.00 per block. Good Luck Everyone! Your creativity can really shine in these blocks. They are very nice to see finished. Do not decorate with cheapness. People want quality and good taste. My friends tell me I should charge more!

The problem is the hole is about l0 minutes steady to drill with an expensive drill bit $12.00. You will use more than 1 drill bit for a set of 10 blocks. Put a piece of masking tape on where you want to drill the hole (keeps drill from slipping). After hole is drilled wash with a drop of soap and water, rinse well and then put in 200 degree oven to dry for about 45 minutes. Make sure the hole is big enough to be able to put the lights in without torturing your fingers and thumbs. (I learned the hard way first year)

You may cut off the female end of electric light cord (cover end with electric tape) Lights of course will still work when you plug male end in socket!! It takes two people to drill. One to drill and the other to mist water on the drill bit which gets very hot.(causes steam) Do NOT store glass blocks in COLD GARAGE. Because when you go to drill them, the heat from the drill bit and the cold glass will shatter the block. Remember you get a case of 10 blocks for $60.00 but you will lose some to breakage without a doubt. I am selling this year in sets of 2 Decorated for Christmas to just friends who want them for others. NOT for the public. TOO much hassle!

I gave a wedding gift and a set of lights at a wedding and the guests were coming to see if I would make them a set. I couldn't handle the work. I have to say they were beautiful. To make a long story short I'm selling for $60.00 a pair. This year Pittsburgh Corning has a new Decor Block out. Same block but hole is already there.

An insert is also enclosed in the box to put in the hole. You cannot buy them wholesale. All kinds of uses for the block are also on the box. They are PRICEY Micheal's is $25.00 ea. JoAnn's is $23.00, so you must go with a coupon but that only gives you one. You can phone a glass company to see if they will drill the holes for you but it's approx $10.00 per block. Good Luck Everyone! Your creativity can really shine in these blocks. They are very nice to see finished. Do not decorate with cheapness. People want quality and good taste. My friends tell me I should charge more!

I make them and sell them for $20.00 a piece, I get the blocks at Menards for a little more than 3 dollars a piece, and shop at the dollar store for the other stuff. here is a pic of my Christmas ones.

Glass Block
Selling Glass Block Crafts
Crafts Selling CraftsOctober 20, 2008
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
clear and one red glass blocks
Buying Glass Blocks for Crafting
Glass Block
Crafts Using Glass Blocks
Glass Blocks
Putting Pictures on Lighted Glass Blocks
🎄
🍂