Selling Textbooks Online

Category Books
This is a guide about selling textbooks online. Through eBay and other websites you may be able to sell your textbooks that you no longer need.

If you have college textbooks that the store you bought them from won't take them back, because they aren't going to use them anymore, check online. They were no longer using my husband's math book, so I went online and found a place that would pay me $14 for the book. I also got to print out a prepaid postage, so it didn't even cost to mail it to them. It was less than what I paid for it but at least it was something.

By Micksgirl from Paducah, KY

What was the site? I'd like to share this with my daughter who is in college. Thanks.

Do you ever plan on using Amazon's trade-in program to get rid of old textbooks? Don't get burned! Last winter I sent in a textbook and received the amount of money advertised by the program. However, I noticed that the trade-in price went up about $15.00 after they received my book! Before you send in a book, cancel your trade-in submission and wait a couple of days to see if they will raise the price. I did this recently and the company added $8.00 to the trade-in value.

On a second note: if you want to donate your old books rather than trade them in, I highly recommend using the Better World Books online program. Many of the books they receive are donated to schools or programs that help bring literacy to people in impoverished countries. In addition, they donate one book for every book they sell to people like you and me.

Link: http://www.betterworldbooks.com/

Does anyone know where I can sell used college textbooks? They are used but are in like new condition. I paid $85.00 for my text book which I would like to sell. I have listed it on half.com but it does not seem to be moving. The buy back sites are quoting me the max $6.00-$7.00. I do not want to sell at this price. I would be willing to sell it at around $50.00. Any ideas would appreciated. Thanks.

Patg from NY

Best Answer

Honestly, if you're still in school, your best bet may be to find a student in your school who needs them. That's assuming your edition is still good for said classes. Either way, anyone who needs the book would probably rather pay you $50 than have to spend $80 on it.

Best Answer

There are book stores near the school campus that buy and sell used text books. You could also look in to the school buying the books back or place an ad on the school bulletin board.

Best Answer

I sold most of my granddaughter's on Amazon.com. It doesn't cost anything to open an account and list them and A only takes a cut when you actually sell the books.

Amazon.com is the best source for selling and buying used books! We've sold many on there! Good luck.

I've sold and bought from half.com

You can take your text to the post office and ask to send it by media mail for pretty cheap.

Get a college schedule of classes and when the new semester begins, go stand near the classrooms where the class using your textbook will be used, or stand outside the campus book store. Students will love you.

Here is my list that I use to compare my Used Book Sell Backs with:

etextshop.com

booksintocash.com

http://booksintocash.com/

www.cash4books.net

textbookwheel.com

www.ecampus.com

www.valorebooks.com

Thank for all your help. It seems that no buy back place wants my book, because there is a new edition coming out.

Try http://www.jitterbook.com. Great buyback prices and they give out $50 a day.

Most colleges have a community bulletin board somewhere -- check student/community centers, the gym, laundry rooms and dorm lobbies. Post lists of what books you have, what you are willing to take for them and your contact information on all the bulletin boards (and/or websites!) that you can find around your college. Consider providing tear off strips with your phone number on them. Good luck in selling them!