Selling Vinyl Records

If you have a collection of old vinyl records, you may have some really valuable recordings. This is a guide about selling vinyl records.

Selling Vinyl Records
Filter Sort

Tip: Selling Record Albums

By mara 5 40

Many others have said it, do your research. There are many websites that will give you a range of prices for what your record(s) might be selling for.

Some of your old records (if they are in good shape) could be worth quite a chunk of change. Sadly, it can be a little time consuming, but it's fun and worth it if you have a little time. Often, if it's a rare record in great shape, you will get the best return by putting it up for auction on eBay but this is also time consuming. If you just want to get rid of them quick and want a little money, give your local record store a call and see if they want to buy them.

If you do decide to auction, pay attention to the record grading, carefully clean the records well and take good photos of the record and the sleeve. If you have something special; like a promotional copy, colored vinyl or a first pressing, make sure to mention this in the description. If you have additional information about the artists or the release, include that as well.

Good luck!

Selling Record Albums

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Vinyl Records

By Catherine Cavanagh 1

What prices should I sell my 1980s vinyl records for, at a garage sale?

By catpaul from Freeport, NY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Steven Guerrero 1 Flag

People are grossly misinformed about the true value of records. As well people are ill informed about how to determine the value of a record based upon many intricacies. Lastly, the vast majority of people stumbling on to a record collection are completely unaware of where to go to determine the most accurate values for their records. I find records all the time that eBay doesn't even list and I sell them for in upwards of $3,000. Mind you I paid a dollar for the record at a yard sale. The true secrets of the record collecting industry will never be revealed to you by a record dealer who comes to your yard sale or calls on your craigslist ad.

There is, however, a way that is leveling the playing field for many people who have records to sell. Meanwhile all the many uninformed and unsuspecting record owners continue to lose bundles of cash every day of the year getting preyed upon by record dealers and collectors who are in the know. Innocent people, elderly people with little or no money in their pockets, are being ripped off for thousands and even tens of thousands of dollars everyday all across the globe and it's their own fault. Knowledge is power.

In the case of records, knowledge is money, lots of money. If you really want to be in the know about the true value potential of your vinyl records then please do yourself a big favor and visit http://www.RecordsToRiches.com. You will be empowered to reap the financial rewards that rightfully belong to you. Just for the record, it's all there.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Determining the Value of Old Records

I have old 78 records. How do I find out if they are worth any money?

By May

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Elaine D. 10 23 Flag

I didn't sell the vinyls instead I painted on them and made them into beautiful clocks. You can purchase the clock works at craft stores and they are very easy to assemble. If you don't paint you can cut out photos of the family, black and white are great and make a really interesting artsy project. Have fun!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Finding the Value of Old Vinyl Records

By Oneta Mutchler 11 15

Does anyone know the value of old 78 RPM records as well as 33 records? Someone said there is no value. Surely there is some value. Does anyone have experience in this area? I have a fairly large number. Thanks for sharing.

By oredwine1933 from Fort Worth, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cindy 111 Flag

In the 2009 Fort Worth A T & T yellow pages under Records, Tapes, CD's Used & Vintage there are two places that might help you. Also Half Price book buys old records, but they don't pay much. In your browser look for old records for sale some of the sites may have what you are looking for.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Value of an Elvis Presley Golden Record

By Windett 1

Jacket for Elvis Golden records.I have a 1958 golden Elvis record I'm selling to an Elvis collector for $800 to 1,000. Is this the right price?

By Windett from Franklin, WV

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lilac 20 1,329 Flag

Any item such as this is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You might find someone who will pay more or you might never find anyone who will pay this much. I think you would go a long way before finding as good a price as this.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Finding the Value of 1980's Vinyl Records

I have 448 1980's vinyl records and I'm wondering how much I could get for the lot.

By Michael C.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 892 Flag

You will have to check these out for yourself as one or two may be worth something but most are hard to sell even at yard sales for .50.

Check out Google as there are some sites that may tell you something and eBay has lots of info. As a lot? You may find a record store that sells older records and may give you a few bucks for the lot.

You may be lucky and find a few that are "gold". Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Value of Solid Picture LPs

By Sandra Raylene Wisdom C. 1

Photo LPs includimg Boston, Ozzy., and HeartI have several photo LPs of Ozzie, Ted Nugget, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, The Cars, The Who, Rush, etc. I would like to find out what they are worth. Here are photos of a few of them.

By Sandra

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 892 Flag

Hi - these are neat but you may have to do your own research. Check eBay and Google. Research is fun - you have all the info available to find an answer to your question.

Good luck - you may hit the jack-pot with one of these!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling 78 RPM Records

I have about 200 old 78 RPM records of all kinds from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. How much could I possibly get for all of them at one time?

By Randolph

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By April 187 452 Flag

I would snope around on my local craiglist.org and ebay and see what the various titles are going for. Some sell better individually, and others as a lot.

For example, right now my husband and I are redecorating our basement and are looking for songs of the 60's, 70's and 80's, specifically ones we liked and such as Elvis, Doris Day, Bing Crosby....We wouldn't buy a large lot unless some of these artist were included.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJune 14, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    abstract tree wall decal
    Making Vinyl Wall Decals
    Cleaning a Vinyl Record
    Cleaning Vinyl Records
    Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
    Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:43:39 AM on 10.0.1.182 in 923 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings