Septic Tank Safe Cleaners

We have a septic tank . The problem we have is the stains that are in the toilet bowls. We have to be very careful what we use to clean with due to the septic tank. Any solutions on how to clean without harming the septic tank?

Betty from Missouri Valley, IA

Answers:

Septic Tank Safe Cleaners

We also have a septic tank, so we use a very small amount of Lime-Away on a green Scotch-Brite pad and the stains scrub off pretty easily. We've tried using baking soda, but it doesn't work as well as the Lime-Away does with our hard water. Your water might be different. Good Luck. (10/27/2008)

By Theresa from CO

Septic Tank Safe Cleaners

I use a little Comet in my toilet. First flush the commode. Then sprinkle a little Comet and then brush as usual. I also have a septic system. Another substance that wouldn't be as harsh for your septic tank would be baking soda or Borax powder used with the brush in the same manner. (10/28/2008)

By Carol in PA

Septic Tank Safe Cleaners

I have had a septic tank for almost 9 years, and I use plenty of detergents, bleach and other cleaners. I've never had a problem with my septic system. We do put in the additive stuff that you buy to keep the system working. We've never had a backup or a field line problem at all. (10/28/2008)

By Barbara

Septic Tank Safe Cleaners

I also have a septic tank, and to top it off, water that has high iron content. I had very bad stains. I found a miracle in the cleaner section of Walmart not too long ago. Bathroom Stone. This is not a cleaner, but a stone that looks and feels like pumice, but it's not. It's completely environmentally safe, and chemical free, and I swear by it. I promise you won't go back to chemicals and elbow grease. This is even better than baking soda, Comet, bleach, you-name-it. In case you're wondering, I don't work for this company. (10/30/2008)

By Penni from Hillsborough, NC

Septic Tank Safe Cleaners

All that you need to be concerned about is "killing" the good bacteria in your septic. We have lived with ours for over 15 years. Once a month I put 3 packages of yeast, yes, powdered yeast down the toilet. It helps keep the good things doing what they're supposed to. We have only had to have ours cleaned out once and had no other problems. Don't spend the money on Rid. Just buy yeast. (11/18/2008)

By kokomo79

Septic Tank Safe Cleaners

A pumice stick available at hardware stores and cheap will do the trick, with no chemicals unless you count elbow grease. (11/25/2008)

By texman

Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Rid-Ex Alternative
Rid-Ex Alternatives for Your Septic Tank
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Planting Near Septic System
Planting Trees and Shrubs Near a Septic System
Safe Toilet Paper for Septic Tanks
Toilet Paper Advice for Septic Tanks
🎄