Serving Ice at Parties

Category Food
A bucket of ice.
It is nice to offer your guests ice for their drinks when you are hosting a party. This is a guide about ice tricks for parties.

It's that time of year to start planning dinner parties. Here's a great tip and craft I like to use.

Tip: Boiling water will make ice cubes clear!

I usually start saving my milk cartons (1/2 gallon, cleaned out with bleach water) about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Cut off top of carton. I usually put my bottle of whatever liquor I'll be serving, most times it's Bailey's Irish Cream or Vanilla Vodka inside the milk carton as a guide. Pour water that has been boiled then cooled inside of carton. Then decorate by putting, cranberries, orange slices, fake flowers, cherries etc. in the water. 24-36 hours before your party, put cartons in freezer and freeze until solid. Day of your party, take out of freezer, let stand at room temperature until you can take the bottle out of the carton. As a variation, you can put a few drops of food coloring in the water to tint.

If you don't want to leave the kiddos out, you can use a plastic soda bottle in place of liquor bottles. Leave soda in or you can make chocolate milk, strawberry milk, sparkling apple cider... Use your imagination.

By Laurie from Nevada

Top Comment

If I understand correctly, you freeze the bottle of liquor inside the milk carton, displacing the liquid inside. When it is frozen, it will leave a bottle shaped indent where the bottle was. The ice will be a pretty bottle holder after the carton walls are removed.

I don't understand what you are serving in the carton, are You removing the ice and pouring the liquor inside to serve. Or is it to hold the bottle cold?