Can any one help me with a recipe for sesame seed chicken. I had it and loved it. Now I want to make it.
Thank you all,
Joanne from Swoyersville, PA
Here are several versions that I've saved to try. Hope one of them helps you!
Honey Sesame "DUMP" Chicken
For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may not be the best option with a side-by-side fridge/freezer). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
Here's one for the crock pot:
Crockpot Sesame Seed Chicken
Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 or 4.
Serves 4 to 6
This one's for the oven
BAKED SESAME CHICKEN
"Chicken breasts coated with soy sauce and sesame seed seasoned flour,
then drizzled with butter and baked."
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place soy sauce in a 9x13 inch baking dish. On a piece of wax paper, mix together the sesame seeds, flour, salt and pepper. Dip the chicken pieces in the soy sauce to coat, then dredge in the sesame seed mixture. Arrange in baking dish in a single layer, then drizzle with melted butter.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for approximately 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender and juices run clear. Baste with drippings once during cooking time. Garnish with extra sesame seeds if desired, and serve.
Restaurant Style Sesame Chicken (Sesame chicken is a very popular restaurant dish.)
Serves 3 - 4, or 5 - 6 as part of a multi-course meal
Sauce for Sesame Chicken:
Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes. To prepare the sauce: mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken. To deep-fry the chicken: add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken. Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil. Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serve the Sesame Chicken with rice.
And a Weight Watchers version!
Oven Fried Sesame Chicken
4.5 WW points per serving
Drizzle margarine over chicken. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half).
1. To Make Marinade: In a nonporous dish or bowl blend cornstarch with wine or sherry; then stir in lemon juice, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, ginger and garlic. Blend together and stir in chicken strips. Cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
2. In a wok or large skillet, place sesame seeds and dry-fry over medium heat, shaking the wok, until the seeds are a golden brown color. Remove seeds and set aside.
3. To same wok or skillet add sesame oil and vegetable oil and heat slowly. Drain chicken, reserving marinade, and stir-fry in wok a few pieces at a time, until browned. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Add mushrooms and green bell pepper to same wok or skillet and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the scallions and stir-fry 1 minute more. Return chicken to wok, together with reserved marinade, and stir over medium high heat for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until the ingredients are evenly coated with the glaze. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.
Thai Kitchen Sesame Chicken recipe
Source: Thai Kitchen, San Antonio, Texas - San Antonio Express-News
Sesame Sauce: Combine water, vinegar, salt, sugar, soy sauce and yellow food coloring in a large pot. Cook over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, until sugar has caramelized. Watch carefully to prevent mixture from boiling over. Set aside.
Sesame Seeds: Brown sesame seeds in skillet over medium heat until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Chicken: Mix flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture and shake off excess. Pour oil into a large pot to a depth of 3 inches. Heat oil to 350 degrees. Deep fry chicken until crisp and brown, about 5 minutes. Be sure chicken is submerged in oil. Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels. Place in a large mixing bowl. Pour sesame sauce over chicken and mix well. Add sesame seeds, combine well. Transfer to serving platter.
Makes 4 servings.
Posted at http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cctth/t148.html (03/26/2007)
Thank you all very much for your help (03/26/2007)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!