Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Setting Up an All-In-One Printer to Send Faxes

Setting up a new computer peripheral such as an all-in-one printer can be confusing. This is a guide about setting up an all-in-one printer to send faxes.

January 20, 2009 Flag

How do I get a fax number to go with an all-in-one printer that I just added to my computer?

Tracy from Slaughter, LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have an Epson combo scanner/printer/copier/fax machine. You don't need an assigned fax number. My phone line is tied into the back of my printer. When I need to send a fax it's faxed through my landline telephone number.

Make sure that you carefully read the printer/fax owner's manual to be sure that everything is connected.

If you do want another number for it, you will need to call the phone company.

Don't forget to get a special adapter for your landline that let's it connect to your phone and to your fax--it has a place for 2 lines to connect into the 1 phone outlet. These are inexpensive. Most all-in-ones let you set the number of rings it takes to get a fax (especially if you have an answering machine). Like the 1st poster said, make sure to read the handbook!

I just use my home phone number. Just have the person let you know when they are sending the fax, and don't answer the phone. It will go to the fax.

I have an all-in-one printer. Yes your home phone is your fax number. The problem I encountered was that my answering machine has to be hooked up to it as well to properly receive faxes or the answering machine will pick up the call.

I have gone from two phone numbers to one. When I send a fax the old number shows up on the report form. How do I get rid of that number and plug in my current number?

February 13, 2013 Flag

I just added a landline phone and my fax test for operations passed all tests, but I notice that my old phone number is on the report. I want to change the number to the new landline that will also be the fax number. I don't know how to edit, delete, or change.

By Joanne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is there a button on there that says settings or setup?

Here is some info that might be helpful to you.

http://www.ehow  fax-machine.html

Computers PrintersFebruary 15, 2013
computer printer
Printer Not Working After Paper Jam
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
Fax by Email
Receiving Faxes by Email
Woman Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 19, 2017 at 3:33:43 PM on 10.0.0.9 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.