Share Crafts

Sewing Machine Needle Won't Stay Threaded

Why does my seeing machine keep unthreading the needle as I am sewing?

By sc

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 449 2,071 07/22/2013

Two possible reasons. One, your needle thread comes out before you begin because it's short and needs to be held when you start. The other is, you may have a small snag in your needle eye and it cuts it. The next time it happens, look at the end of the thread. If it look somewhat's that. I hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Frugal Sunnie 11 1,646 07/23/2013

There are several reasons your sewing machine needle won't stay threaded, starting with the needle (as noted by the previous poster) is old and going through reasons like:

Wrong needle for the type of thread and fabric you are trying to sew

Upper thread not put through the machine threading path correctly

Machine tension set incorrectly for the type of thread, needle, and fabric you are using

Bobbin gear worn or broken (which prevents the upper thread from being caught by the bobbin during sewing)

Best solution? Check your user guide (aka owner's manual) troubleshooting pages. If you don't have your user guide, check the manufacture website, most have a free download feature for user guides. Print the guide and put it into a 3 ring binder to have at hand during a sewing session.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No