Sharpen Your Scissors With Aluminum Foil

Scissors will not be sharp after many times of usage. To make it sharp again, you can get a sheet of tinfoil, fold it until you have 5-6 layers. Use scissors to cut the tinfoil to small stripes, repeat the cutting for ten to fifteen times.

Test the scissors buy cutting a piece of paper to see the sharpness, if still not up to your satisfaction, repeat the steps by cutting more tinfoil until the scissors are really sharp.

Source: I saw that from an overseas TV show

By Kitty from Bellingham, WA

Answers:

I have tried this before your posting, and I think it probably works if all you want to cut is paper. But it does not work any better if you want to cut fabric. There is a product that costs about 6 or 7 dollars, depending on where you buy it where you insert your scissors in it and "cut" just like you are using the scissors. Works very well to keep your scissors sharp, even for cutting fabric. (09/22/2009)

By Laniegirl

I keep a package of sandpaper with my sewing stuff. When I think my scissors are getting a little dull, I just cut through the sandpaper a few times and my scissors are good as new. And they are at least 10 years old. (09/22/2009)

By hugmehugs