Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

How do I remove marker from a leather couch?

By agpoon from Wichita, KS

Answers:

Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

Shaving cream, without menthol. I've used it on old saddles, ball gloves, and belts. It's simply wonderful. If the leather is old and stiff put it on, let set over night, then add some fresh while rubbing it all off. Feels like new. (08/14/2009)

By pjcustar

Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

Lighter fluid will remove markers. I have used it on leather shoes and clothes. Keep FLAMES AWAY TILL DRY. Put some on a paper towel and blot the marker off. (08/14/2009)

By rosbucs

Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

The Casite Company has a line of QuickWorks products; that is only available online; but they have a leather cleaning product that works pretty well for these stains. I've also heard that they are working on a new product called Ink Gone or something like that; designed specifically to remove Sharpie/permanent marker, it's supposed to be available by the end of October. They also have a Satisfaction Guarantee. Which in these situations is really helpful. (10/02/2009)

By zwendyjo

Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

I have had a dark brown leather (untreated) living room set for just under a week and my daughter got at the Chesterfield with a dark blue Sharpie. After reading many posts on this forum I decided to try Off Kids Skintastic bug spray. After trying it on the bottom of the couch I was satisfied that it would not ruin the leather. Immediately after spraying it on the effected area I could see the difference. The color started to wash away easily. For larger marks I had to spray twice, but it all came off. It's amazing, I can't even tell it was there.

Before you try any home remedies, always test in an inconspicuous area. You never know what could happen. Most things can be washed out even though it says permanent. (11/04/2009)

By Xyko

Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄