Shih Tzu Mix Photos

These mixed breed dogs make great companions. They are bright and lively, but can adapt to apartment living. This is a guide about Shih Tzu mix photos.

October 22, 2007 Flag

I would like to introduce Yoshi the Shiranian. Does anyone know about these babies? He is a Pomeranian mixed with Shih Tzu.

Cookie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have my Pomerania mix shihtzu male is 8.0 and female is 7.0 full grown they are great doggies and smart.

I have a Pom shitzu mix breed as well. He is about 3 1/2 months old. He weights 3.3lbs. I believe he had more Pom in him than shitzu. He is starting to shed, which means hair cut time for him. He's loving, but when it's playtime your in his rink and it's time to fight. His name is Jax and I wouldn't trade him for the world!

February 5, 2011 Flag

I have two dogs and three cats. I want to know if there's a techie term for my Chihuahua Shih Tzu?

By Cupcake

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try this website: http://www.dogb  m/hybriddogs.htm

I have a Cavatzu!

MartyD! You are hilarious!

Your dog is a cross breed.

February 12, 2010 Flag

I have a pup whose father is a Shih-tzu and mother is a Min-Pin, so he is a Pin-tzu. Can I get him registered?

By Amy from Decatur, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your pup is beautiful, but not eligible for AKC registration ( another poster mentioned cockapoos being an exception; that's not so. While they're adorable,and considered by many to be "designer" bred. They are also technically just mixed breed dogs).

The AKC Canine Partners program permits you to register your mixed-breed pup for the purpose of having it participate in some organized activities, like agility and other physical competition. It doesn't provide you with AKC registration papers or the go-ahead for AKC show. Those are only available if the parents on both sides are the same AKC-recognized pure breed, and show if the dog meets the lineage requirements and the individual AKC breed-specific standards for physical attributes and temperament.

I have a Pin-Tzu as well. Shih-Tzu mother, Min. Pin father. He is the cutest little guy and very smart as well as affectionate. These dogs are considered Hybrid and not recognized by any official association as far as I know.

I thought I saw a site for owners of Pin-Tzu to share info etc, but I haven't been able to find it again. Good luck with your puppy!

August 20, 2010 Flag

What are Shih tzu mixed with a Doberman Pinscher going to look like full grown? And what might the highest weight be?

By Brittany from Detroit, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would say the size of the dog would not be too large and yet not stay too tiny.....look at its knees and it's feet, if they are large I would say a medium doggie size. Also feel of the amount of skin loose on the dog to tell how large it might get. A lot of loose skin will indicate a longer and fatter little doggie.

Blessings,

Robyn

It just depends on which dog gave the puppy dominant features for height. You just never know that is the beauty of the mixed breed. Puppy is sure cute though.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

May 15, 2009 Flag

Shad-o is a 14 week old Chihuahua/Shih-tzu. I got my pet from my sister as a Christmas gift in January 2009. Shad-o loves playing outside especially with his older brother. Shad-o is a bundle of joy to have, he's very playful and a very happy dog. Very smart and so cute!

By Dawn from Tamarac, Florida

Shad-o (Chihuahua/Shih-Tzu)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 7 Comments

April 20, 2015 Flag

Your Pet's Age
4 months old and born on Christmas Day

Your Pet's Breed
Shih Tzu/Maltese/Bichon

How and when did you get your pet?
I saw a litter on the internet and inquired about the puppies and it was within my area. I drove to see them and chose a pup from the litter while they were eleven days old.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Ivy loves to fetch a toy and return it. She has squeaky stuffy toys she runs around the room with in her mouth while squeaking and shaking it. She likes to play tug with an old sock. The simple things like a piece of ice slid across the kitchen floor is enjoyed. The ice she was playing with melted and she walked around looking for it. She loves to snatch at the bubbles from a wand and most recently, we took her outside for exploration time. Ivy paid attention to the birds in flight, listening to them and sniffing in the grass before lying down in its coolness. Putting on her harness/leash is no problem as she's willing to go outside. Ivy likes guitar music and tilts her head as she listens to it; no other instrument gets her attention quicker than a guitar.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Ivy loves to play ball on the floor with us and while dragging an old sock around us while she chases it. She's learned to take short cuts to get to it sooner; she's smart. We took her outdoors on the deck on a windy and warm day and she stood facing the wind and a gust blew into her face. Ivy took her paw and smacked at the wind like that would make it go away. She makes us laugh a lot and does so many cute things while learning from her new experiences.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

May 25, 2010 Flag

Lovey is a 5 month old Shorkie (shitzu and yorkie). My son's karate teacher was selling puppies for a friend. I went to pick up my son and was greeted with him holding this tiny puppy, I fell in love and, $50 later, she was home with us. She likes to chase rolled up socks and run around a tree in the front yard. We already had a 9 year old chihuahua, Abraham. Lovey pounces on him and tries to engage him in play. He tolerates her but ignores her playfulness.

By Maria

A shih tzu yorkie puppy.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

January 24, 2011 Flag

Lila is a 4 year old Yorkie/Shih Tzu. I purchased her in Spokane, WA when she was 6 weeks old! She loves to play with her stuffed animal toys, chew on her Dingos, and to cuddle.

By Lisa S.

Lila (Yorkie/Shih Tzu)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

September 15, 2016 Flag

The neighbor's dog was pregnant with 5 puppies; unfortunately the mother and 3 of the pups didn't make it. The neighbors both worked full time and I run a day care from home so I naturally took in the puppies and bottle fed them. Kobe found a new home last week and Aimee stayed with me.

Aimee Love (Shih Tzu Mix )

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 11, 2016 Flag

I met Luna at a dog rescue shelter. I came to see a different dog, but as I was leaving disappointed that I hadn't felt a connection with the dog, I saw a pair of big brown eyes on a tiny white dog. It was love at first sight.

Luna

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 10, 2015 Flag

I got Zeus from the local garden center where they had 2 puppies. When there was one left my family bought the dog as a friend for our other dog Dakota.

curly cream and white dog

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 30, 2010 Flag

Lovey is a 5 month old Shorkie (Yorkie and Shitzu). She has a stuffed toy flamingo that we named "Domingo the Flamingo" and she loves to toss him around and make him squeek.

closeup of puppy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 6, 2006 Flag

Muffin (Papillon/Shih Tzu/Poodle) Photos. Muffin is a 3 months old. Her mom is Papillon and dad is a Shih Tzu/Poodle cross. Does that make her a PapShihPoo? LOL! We found our pet through the paper ads and got her Oct. 22, 2006.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 8, 2016 Flag

I got her from a breeder. She loves to cuddle and play with other dogs and people.

Chloe (Shorkie - Shih Tzu/Yorkie)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 7, 2010 Flag

Sammie is 1 1/2 year old Shih Tzu Mix. I got her in September 2009 from people who no longer wanted her and were gonna throw her on side of the road if no one took her. She loves to run!

Sammie (Shih Tzu Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 1, 2015 Flag

I got her from my friend's Shih Tzu litter. I was blessed with her 3 weeks ago.

Missy (ShiChi)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 30, 2010 Flag

Jethro is 5 1/2 months old. He is a mix of Bichon, Shih Tzu and Cavalier. My kids have grown and moved out and I wanted a dog for so long but waited for just the right one. I saw him up for adoption and fell in love. My kids gave him to me for Mothers Day!

Jethro (Bichon/Shih Tzu/Cavalier Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 19, 2007 Flag

Muffin is 6 months old. Her mother is Papillon, her father is a ShihTzu/Poodle cross. She has the front feet of the ShihTzu and small back feet, so we call her 4-wheel drive! She is so playfull, but a little minx.

Muffin At Six Months (Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 19, 2008 Flag

Meshu (but we call her Mee Mee) is 15 weeks old. She is a Shih Tzu and Pom mix. I got my pet right before Christmas at a flea market, they had all kinds of dogs there

Meshu (Shih Tzu/Pom)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 9, 2007 Flag

Teddy Bear is a Shih Poo. Teddy is about 9 weeks old here. We got Teddy in the summer to replace our kitty who died. Teddy loves to jump but because he is so small, he doesn't get up on anything.

Teddy bear(Shih Poo)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 15, 2007 Flag

Muffin's Spaying (Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle). Muffin is 5 months old. She is a Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle We got her from an ad in the paper.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 27, 2010 Flag

Milo is a four year old Shitzu/Malteese. We inherited our "grand dog" from our son and his fiancee a few months after we lost our precious Yorkie.

Milo (Shih Tzu - Maltese)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 21, 2005 Flag

Mousie she is 9 years old shitzu mix. She loves to eat. Hey, am I flying yet?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 24, 2008 Flag

Littles is 2 years old and is a Chihuahua/Shih Tzu Mix. I got him from a friend.

Littles (Chihuahua/Shih Tzu)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 31, 2009 Flag

Heidi Ho is 1 year old. She is a Toy Poodle and Shih Tzu mix. I fell in love with Heidi in a pet shop window when she was only 3 months old.

Heidi loves her swimming pool and loves to chase the water coming out of the hose, only when it's "jet stream" though :) Heidi enjoys lounging in the yard while I do my yard work. Heidi loves all people and all dogs, no matter the breed or size. She loves to play!

By Claudettte from Kent, WA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

December 2, 2009 Flag

Lucy Loo is 10 month old Shih Tzu/Papillion mix. When she was 8 weeks old I got her off Craigslist. She likes climbing! She's on the table, on the room dividers, on the banister, on the recliners, on the back of the couch. I also own a moving company and she is on the big trucks as co-pilot!

Lucy is great, I've never had a small dog, but she is just as big as my others. I love the fact she does not have the bug eyes, but has a lot of Shih Tzu qualities. You may see orange in her hair, I color it!

By Rene from Springfield, MO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments
Photos PetsApril 30, 2015
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Shih Tzu
Shih Tzu Breed Information and Photos
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:42:19 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.