Shih Tzu Mix Photos

Category Pets
These mixed breed dogs make great companions. They are bright and lively, but can adapt to apartment living. This is a guide about Shih Tzu mix photos.

I would like to introduce Yoshi the Shiranian. Does anyone know about these babies? He is a Pomeranian mixed with Shih Tzu.

Cookie

I have my Pomerania mix shihtzu male is 8.0 and female is 7.0 full grown they are great doggies and smart.

I have a Pom shitzu mix breed as well. He is about 3 1/2 months old. He weights 3.3lbs. I believe he had more Pom in him than shitzu. He is starting to shed, which means hair cut time for him. He's loving, but when it's playtime your in his rink and it's time to fight. His name is Jax and I wouldn't trade him for the world!

I have a pup whose father is a Shih-tzu and mother is a Min-Pin, so he is a Pin-tzu. Can I get him registered?

By Amy from Decatur, OH

Your pup is beautiful, but not eligible for AKC registration ( another poster mentioned cockapoos being an exception; that's not so. While they're adorable,and considered by many to be "designer" bred. They are also technically just mixed breed dogs).

The AKC Canine Partners program permits you to register your mixed-breed pup for the purpose of having it participate in some organized activities, like agility and other physical competition. It doesn't provide you with AKC registration papers or the go-ahead for AKC show. Those are only available if the parents on both sides are the same AKC-recognized pure breed, and show if the dog meets the lineage requirements and the individual AKC breed-specific standards for physical attributes and temperament.

I have a Pin-Tzu as well. Shih-Tzu mother, Min. Pin father. He is the cutest little guy and very smart as well as affectionate. These dogs are considered Hybrid and not recognized by any official association as far as I know.

I thought I saw a site for owners of Pin-Tzu to share info etc, but I haven't been able to find it again. Good luck with your puppy!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
4 months old and born on Christmas Day

Your Pet's Breed
Shih Tzu/Maltese/Bichon

How and when did you get your pet?
I saw a litter on the internet and inquired about the puppies and it was within my area. I drove to see them and chose a pup from the litter while they were eleven days old.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Ivy loves to fetch a toy and return it. She has squeaky stuffy toys she runs around the room with in her mouth while squeaking and shaking it. She likes to play tug with an old sock. The simple things like a piece of ice slid across the kitchen floor is enjoyed. The ice she was playing with melted and she walked around looking for it. She loves to snatch at the bubbles from a wand and most recently, we took her outside for exploration time. Ivy paid attention to the birds in flight, listening to them and sniffing in the grass before lying down in its coolness. Putting on her harness/leash is no problem as she's willing to go outside. Ivy likes guitar music and tilts her head as she listens to it; no other instrument gets her attention quicker than a guitar.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Ivy loves to play ball on the floor with us and while dragging an old sock around us while she chases it. She's learned to take short cuts to get to it sooner; she's smart. We took her outdoors on the deck on a windy and warm day and she stood facing the wind and a gust blew into her face. Ivy took her paw and smacked at the wind like that would make it go away. She makes us laugh a lot and does so many cute things while learning from her new experiences.

Comment Like this photo? 9

She is just adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Lovey is a 5 month old Shorkie (shitzu and yorkie). My son's karate teacher was selling puppies for a friend. I went to pick up my son and was greeted with him holding this tiny puppy, I fell in love and, $50 later, she was home with us. She likes to chase rolled up socks and run around a tree in the front yard. We already had a 9 year old chihuahua, Abraham. Lovey pounces on him and tries to engage him in play. He tolerates her but ignores her playfulness.

By Maria

A shih tzu yorkie puppy.

Comment Like this photo? 17

She's adorable, she looks like a stuffed animal in this picture!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your Pet's Age
6 months

Your Pet's Breed
Shih Tzu and Bichon Frisé Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
I got Zeus from the local garden center where they had 2 puppies. When there was one left my family bought the dog as a friend for our other dog Dakota.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Zeus likes to play with Dakota and escape from his collar to run hot laps around the block, but he always comes back.

When Zeus escapes, Dakota follows in hope of something fun.

Comment Like this photo? 3

Lila is a 4 year old Yorkie/Shih Tzu. I purchased her in Spokane, WA when she was 6 weeks old! She loves to play with her stuffed animal toys, chew on her Dingos, and to cuddle.

By Lisa S.

Lila (Yorkie/Shih Tzu)

Comment Like this photo? 22
Anonymous

What a sweet little face. :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

closeup of puppy

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

Lovey is a 5 month old Shorkie (Yorkie and Shitzu). She has a stuffed toy flamingo that we named "Domingo the Flamingo" and she loves to toss him around and make him squeek.

Aimee Love (Shih Tzu Mix )

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

The neighbor's dog was pregnant with 5 puppies; unfortunately the mother and 3 of the pups didn't make it. The neighbors both worked full time and I run a day care from home so I naturally took in the puppies and bottle fed them. Kobe found a new home last week and Aimee stayed with me.

Luna

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I met Luna at a dog rescue shelter. I came to see a different dog, but as I was leaving disappointed that I hadn't felt a connection with the dog, I saw a pair of big brown eyes on a tiny white dog. It was love at first sight.

Chloe (Shorkie - Shih Tzu/Yorkie)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

I got her from a breeder. She loves to cuddle and play with other dogs and people.

Sammie (Shih Tzu Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Sammie is 1 1/2 year old Shih Tzu Mix. I got her in September 2009 from people who no longer wanted her and were gonna throw her on side of the road if no one took her. She loves to run!

Jethro (Bichon/Shih Tzu/Cavalier Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Jethro is 5 1/2 months old. He is a mix of Bichon, Shih Tzu and Cavalier. My kids have grown and moved out and I wanted a dog for so long but waited for just the right one. I saw him up for adoption and fell in love. My kids gave him to me for Mothers Day!

Comment Like this photo? 1

Muffin (Papillon/Shih Tzu/Poodle) Photos. Muffin is a 3 months old. Her mom is Papillon and dad is a Shih Tzu/Poodle cross. Does that make her a PapShihPoo? LOL! We found our pet through the paper ads and got her Oct. 22, 2006.

Milo (Shih Tzu - Maltese)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Milo is a four year old Shitzu/Malteese. We inherited our "grand dog" from our son and his fiancee a few months after we lost our precious Yorkie.

Muffin At Six Months (Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Muffin is 6 months old. Her mother is Papillon, her father is a ShihTzu/Poodle cross. She has the front feet of the ShihTzu and small back feet, so we call her 4-wheel drive! She is so playfull, but a little minx.

Meshu (Shih Tzu/Pom)

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Meshu (but we call her Mee Mee) is 15 weeks old. She is a Shih Tzu and Pom mix. I got my pet right before Christmas at a flea market, they had all kinds of dogs there

Meshu (Shih Tzu/Pom)

Teddy bear(Shih Poo)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Teddy Bear is a Shih Poo. Teddy is about 9 weeks old here. We got Teddy in the summer to replace our kitty who died. Teddy loves to jump but because he is so small, he doesn't get up on anything.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Muffin's Spaying (Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle). Muffin is 5 months old. She is a Papillon/ShihTzu/Poodle We got her from an ad in the paper.

Mousie she is 9 years old shitzu mix. She loves to eat. Hey, am I flying yet?

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Heidi Ho is 1 year old. She is a Toy Poodle and Shih Tzu mix. I fell in love with Heidi in a pet shop window when she was only 3 months old.

Heidi loves her swimming pool and loves to chase the water coming out of the hose, only when it's "jet stream" though :) Heidi enjoys lounging in the yard while I do my yard work. Heidi loves all people and all dogs, no matter the breed or size. She loves to play!

By Claudettte from Kent, WA

Cute dog! Cute photo!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

Lucy Loo is 10 month old Shih Tzu/Papillion mix. When she was 8 weeks old I got her off Craigslist. She likes climbing! She's on the table, on the room dividers, on the banister, on the recliners, on the back of the couch. I also own a moving company and she is on the big trucks as co-pilot!

Lucy is great, I've never had a small dog, but she is just as big as my others. I love the fact she does not have the bug eyes, but has a lot of Shih Tzu qualities. You may see orange in her hair, I color it!

By Rene from Springfield, MO

Lucy Loo is adorable and looks so sweet. She's a treasure and that's a pretty nice looking dog beside her too.